1. Introduction to Google+ & Google AuthorshipBy Becky Campbell - MD @ReflectDigital 22nd November 2012
2. AgendaWhat is Google+The Rise of Google+Google+ For BusinessesGoogle AuthorshipGoogle AuthorRank?Questions
3. Social Networking
4. Social Networking
5. Google+ To put this into perspective… Facebook has 1 billion active monthly users Twitter has 500 million users LinkedIn 175 million users Pinterest 25 million users YouTube has 4billion views per dayhttp://expandedramblings.com/index.php/resource-how-many-people-use-the-top-social-media/
6. Why Google?Google currently hasaround 90% market sharein the UKGoogle owns the secondlargest search engine inthe world… YouTube!Google is very powerful!
7. Google+ Google+ is Google‟s answer to Facebook Google+ currently has 400 millions users Google+ acquired its first 10 million users faster than Facebook and Twitter!
8. Google+ Google+ reached that 10 million users in just 2 weeks 4 weeks in G+ had 25 million unique visitors In one day the G+ iPhone app became the most popular free app
9. FacebookWho has a Facebook page?
10. Google+Who has a Google+ page?
11. Google+ Business Page Profile PictureEventsCircles Integration with Wall Posts Google+ Local
12. Google+ Personal Page Profile PictureEventsPhotos Circles Wall Posts
13. Google+ Terminology„Circles‟ – On Google+ you can divide the people you follow into„circles‟ and they can also add you to their circles„Hangouts‟ – Talk with multiple people„Trends‟ – As with Twitter various topics can „trend‟„Local‟ – Businesses are linked to their Google+ Local profile thoughtheir Google+ page
14. Fastest Growing Profiles in Oct YouTube - +278,377 Lady Gaga - +259,137 Android - +203,052 Britney Spears - +188,136 David Beckham - +183,815
15. How to Utilize Google+ ForBusinesses…
16. Why Google? Google has merged „Google Places‟ with „Google+‟ to create Google+ Local This is a handy tool for local businesses Google acquired „Zagat‟ - a tool for online ratings and reviews
17. Why Google? “Moving forward, Zagat will be a cornerstone of our local offering – delighting people with their impressive array of reviews, ratings and insights, while enabling people everywhere to find extraordinary (and ordinary) experiences around the corner and around the world.”
18. Why Google? The reviews, powered by Zagat, help to build trust Reviews are being utilised more and more online…think TripAdvisor!
19. Why Google? Google+ Local listings help to increase website traffic If you don‟t rank in the local listings then you will be missing out on vital traffic and leads Google+ Local listings direct traffic into Google+
20. Using Google+
21. Using Google+Google Hangouts
22. Using Google+ Google HangoutsChat face-to-face with up to 10 peopleYou are able to connect via a computer, smartphone ortabletYou can host virtual meeting – you can utilise tools such asGoogle docs and share your screenYou can then broadcast your conversation to the world!
23. Google+Digital marketing is becoming more „integrated‟
24. Google+ Google+ and social media ‘signals’ are going to become an important element of search engine optimisation…
25. Google Authorship By implementing the rel=author tag on your blog you can be an authority source in your field and generate listings such as those to the left
26. Google AuthorshipFirstly, it helps your content to stand out in the searchresults pagesIt helps to improve your site‟s click through rateIt‟s widely believed that Google will be implementing„AuthorRank‟ very soon which will affect searchengine rankingsIt works alongside Google+ and encourages people tojoin your „circle‟
27. Google Authorship Our blogs are linked to our Google+ profiles This means that the „rich snippets‟ like the one below are beginning to appear in the search engine results pages – the image helps to increase the click through rate
28. Google Authorship“17% of Google queries include at least one instance ofauthor verification within the first 100 search results”Source: http://www.searchenginejournal.com/google-authorship-are-you-taking-full-advantage-of-it/51142/
29. Google Authorship Implementing Google AuthorshipCreate a blog or a websiteSetup „authors‟ on the blogCreate a Google+ accountLink your Google+ account to your blog & link your blog to your Google+accountStart publishing great content!
30. Google Authorship Tracking Google AuthorshipBy utilising Google Webmaster tools you can then track how many peopleare clicking on your contentYou can also see your article‟s average position and total impressions
31. Google AuthorRank Another algorithm to consider? Authority of publishing sites Avg. PR Google+ +1s/Sharesengagement level AuthorRank per post # of „circlers‟ Comments per Post Posting Frequency
32. Google AuthorRankIt‟s thought that AuthorRank will be used to inform PageRankThis will enable Google to rank high-quality content more appropriatelyThis is going to have a significant effect on the SEO industrySome suggest that AuthorRank will have a bigger effect on the SEO industrythan the Panda update!It‟s therefore important to be prepared and start planning your contentstrategy
33. Who are Reflect Digital?
34. Competition! We’re giving away £3,000 worth of digital marketing to spend on SEO or a Social Campaign, to enter please let me have your business card!