[REQUIRED – please add the main presenter’s photos]
[REQUIRED – Updated every time]
[REQUIRED – Updated every time]
[REQUIRED – Updated every time]Agents should use this slide to talk about what they’re seeing on the streetTell some stories!
[REQUIRED]Add Lender’s name if he/she’s presenting
[REQUIRED – Update with local lender]
[REQUIRED – Update with local home in the $400-$500 range, ideally listed by Redfin]Talking points:- Refund is based on your list price not offer price.- You’ll get it as a closing credit or check after close, depending on your lender
Notes from Matt:- Update this slide so it is easier to read
We’ll stick around…
Redfin Free Home Buying Class - Claremont, CA
Redfin Home Buying Class
Southeast LA Team
March 20, Claremont, CA
Host: Anne Ku & Eric Tan
Anne Ku – Senior Agent Southeast LA
● Agent for 10 years
● Closed 60 homes
● Specialize in: East San Gabriel
Meet my team!
Eric Tan – Listing Agent San Gabriel Valley
● Real Estate Attorney and
Broker for 6 years
● Sold 95 homes
Meet my team!
● Overview of the process
● Are you ready to buy?
● Understanding the market
● Never miss a home
● Choosing an agent
● Short sales & foreclosures
● Making an offer
● Acceptance to closing
A Little Bit About Who We Are
Redfin is a real estate brokerage that has helped over 20,000
people buy or sell a home; 97% would refer us to a friend.
● Customers, not commissions
● Informed decisions
● Right home for the right price
Local Recommended Lenders
In no way does
lenders – we
just think they’re
Get Pre-Approved Early
A pre-approval letter is a letter from a bank or a lender estimating how
much they'll lend you (May vary from what you want to pay monthly)
● Establishes what you can afford & makes offer process go faster
● Redfin asks that you get pre-approved before your third tour
● Good for 90 days, depending on lender (Credit reports are good for
● W-2’s, 2 years tax returns (with all schedules, K-1’s etc) 1
month of pay-stubs, asset statements (Show all funds used
to close loan) Drivers License, If you own a home or
homes, need mortgage, tax, and insurance information
Review Your Financial Situation
● Pull credit report, look for errors
● Establish comfort level for monthly payment
● Figure out how much monthly income goes towards debt:
28 – 33% healthy 45% Max Conventional, 57.9% Max FHA
● Pay down credit balances to 1/3rd
● Don’t open any new lines of credit
● Don’t buy any big ticket items
● Source of money
● Current employment status
Pulling Credit: Is it harmful?
● Your credit report must be reviewed by a lender before you
can obtain a pre-approval
● If you know your score, a lender should be able to give you
ballpark pricing for their loan products
● Don’t allow lots of lenders to
pull your credit score
● Pull a free credit report. One
of the best is
Last Month on Rate Watch
A little bit of information on how rates work.
Express Loan Program
How It Works:
● Step 1: Certified Lender takes you through the underwriting process.
This usually happens in your first 10-14 days of escrow. You will need to
submit all your financial and other documentation to the lender. Once
you have full underwriter approval, it indicates to the seller that pending
a clean title and appraisal, your lender is ready to fund the loan.
● Step 2 : Your offer is made with terms that most, if any, other buyers
financing their home can compete with.
● Step 3 : Upon opening escrow your appraisal will be ordered as a rush.
This is a $100 fee which is covered by your Certified Lender.
● Step 4 : Upon a clear title and appraisal at or above the purchase
price, escrow closes in 21 days or less.
Get Started Right Away!
What to Ask Any Agent
● Is this your full-time job?
● Where were your last five deals?
● Who else will be working with me?
● When am I committed to working with you?
● Has a client ever filed a compliant?
● How are you paid?
● Can I see some reviews of your work?
Making the Most of Your Tour
1. Bring a camera, notebook & tape measure
2. See how much sunlight the place gets
3. Check the bathrooms for rot & mold
4. Look for wavy or discolored wood siding
5. Make sure water spouts drain away from
6. Take stock of storage space
7. Turn off any music playing in house
8. Check for hardwood floors
9. Peek into the attic
10. Bring a marble or two
11. When sharing a wall, make sure it’s thick
12. Ignore the appliances and carpets
13. Check the closets
14. Get the disclosure packet
15. Compare the property’s tax records to the
Real Estate Sites: What to Look For
● Has all the homes for sale
● Updated every 15 minutes
● Real-time sales data
● Insights from agents
● Lots of data
● Mobile apps
Slide 31 of 55
How Seeing Homes with Redfin
● Agent or Associate Agent
● Up to six homes per tour in
two hour blocks
● Unlimited – see as many
homes as it takes!
● No pressure
● We’re on your side
► Agents paid on your satisfaction
● Double your exposure
► Premium placement on Redfin
► Zillow, Trulia, Craigslist and Realtor
● 1.5% listing fee
► Professional photos
► Beautiful flyers
We’ve helped over 50 people sell their homes in the last six
Better Service, Lower Fees
● Make sure it’s the right time for you
● Check out our Home Buying Guide
● Find the right agent
● Look for a local lender and get pre-approved
● Start seeing homes in person
● Make an offer & close the deal
Thanks for Coming!
Questions? Get in touch:
Anne Ku – firstname.lastname@example.org
Eric Tan, Esq. – email@example.com
Check out our upcoming classes:
Craig Huston Banc Home Loans