We have pef good n bad actions…..of which the reactions have acc over yrs n since many births….chan
In our present condition we are slaves to any whimsical thoughts, desires & appetites the mind may generate. We think something and immediately we want to do it. Hare Krishna mantra is a transcendental sound vibration with potency to liberate the mind from material conditioning. How can one escape the will to sin? By escaping the illusion that supports it—the illusion that the material body is the self.
1440 mins per day……………………..7 mins for GOD ………………….IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK FOR ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? E’thing fits in this time limit……but the schedule seems too tight to include GOD in it!!!!
1. DEDICATED TO SRILA A.C BHAKTIVEDANTA SWAMI PRABHUPADA FOUNDER ACHARYA OF ISKCON
2. HARE KRISHNA THE MANTRA FOR SUCCESS !!!!!
4. THE 3 TYPES OF MISERIES <ul><li>Adhi - athmik </li></ul>Self inflicted miseries - on the mind and/or the body . <ul><li>Adhi - bhouthik </li></ul>Miseries inflicted on a living entity by another living entitie(s). <ul><li>Adhi - daivik </li></ul>Miseries inflicted on us because the devas (demigods) and/or controllers of the nature are not happy.
5. “ Dharma projita kaitavo atra paramo nirmatsaranam satam vedyam vastavam atra vastuhu shivatam tapatrayah unmoolanam” All the three types of miseries are destroyed by pure devotional service to KRISHNA Bhagavatam Introduction
6. In this Kali Yuga, we are unable to perform the yajnas in the way they were performed in the previous yugas. Therefore, What do we do ????
7. “………… .Of yajnas I am the chanting of the holy names (japa), and of immovable things I am the Himalayas ” Bhagavad Gita - Ch.10 Txt 25
8. Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare….. Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare….. “ Always chanting My glories, endeavouring with great determination, bowing down before Me, these great souls always worship Me with devotion ” -B.G Ch. 9 Txt. 14
9. INFACT EVERY RELIGION propogates chanting of t HE NAMEs of GOD !!!!!!!!
10. Christianity <ul><li>Christ glorified the </li></ul><ul><li>Lord’s holy name by </li></ul><ul><li>saying “Our Father </li></ul><ul><li>who art in Heaven, </li></ul><ul><li>hallowed be Thy </li></ul><ul><li>Name” </li></ul>
11. Sikhism <ul><li>Guru Nanak </li></ul><ul><li>prayed “In the </li></ul><ul><li>ambrosial hours of </li></ul><ul><li>the morning I </li></ul><ul><li>meditate on the </li></ul><ul><li>grace of the true </li></ul><ul><li>name” </li></ul>
12. Islam <ul><li>Muslims </li></ul><ul><li>repeatedly chant </li></ul><ul><li>the sacred name of </li></ul><ul><li>God - “Allah” </li></ul>
13. Buddhism <ul><li>Buddhists also </li></ul><ul><li>practice repetition </li></ul><ul><li>of the name of </li></ul><ul><li>Lord Buddha </li></ul><ul><li>(namu amida butsu) </li></ul>
14. MANAH + TRAH What is a mantra? MEANS: THAT WHICH SAVES THE MIND MIND SAVES
15. ETERNAL BOND
16. “ To those who always chant my names and worship me, I give them what they need and maintain what they have” -BG Ch 9 Txt 22
17. BENEFITS OF CHANTING
18. Freedom from the reactions of KARMA
19. Relief from unwanted drives & habits In our present condition, we are slaves to many whimsical thoughts and desires.
21. “ I’ve noticed that as chanters progress from one level to deeper level, they become more realistic, more tolerant and more energetic.” Dr. Donald R. Tuck Associate Professor, Western Kentucky University
22. “ I remember, in my college I had a big picture of a mandala and we used to try to chant and meditate in front of it.” George Harrison
23. “ I started chanting on my japa mala and studying Prabhupada's books. Chanting LORD KRISHNA ’s name changed my lifestyle” Alfred Ford
25. Chant…… and be Happy!!! why run to GOD only when we want to fulfill our desires ?!? Is He meant to be a last resort to solving our problems ?!? Why not spare some time for HIM everyday and attain HAPPINESS ?!?