1. Commentary: I asked my model to ride a certain track that we found in the wood. I positioned myself in a ditch which was facing the first corner and also positioned myself so when the rider came round the corner, he would be in the bottom right of the shot obeying the rule of thirds. I set my camera so it would take multiple images at once so I could captureShooting Details: the perfect image, I also took theLocation: Wheatacre wood, Bold image so natural framing with theDate: 24/11/12 trees was shown with a tree growing outwards leaning ontoF-stop: f/5.3 another tree. Where I took the image was very harsh conditionsShutter speed: 1/60 and this linked into my slogan of ‘go hard or go home’ linking it to myCamera: Nikon D5100 brand as its shown that the rider isLighting Conditions: very misty and light was pushing his ability to the limit andrestricted due to tree cover that is part of what my brand is about.
2. Commentary: I told my model to ride down the track, but this time I was positioned further down so I could capture him going into and going round the corner. Once again my camera was on multi-shot so it took multiple photos at once. I positioned myself so the image would obey the rule of thirds and would also include active space by having the rider with space in front of him as well asShooting Details: having his eye contact looking on.Location: Wheatacre wood, Bold This links in with my brand as my brands slogan is ‘go hard or goDate: 24/11/12 home’ and because he was ridingF-stop: f/3.5 his bike in harsh conditions he was pushing himself to the limit.Shutter speed: 1/60Camera: Nikon D5100Lighting Conditions: very misty and light wasrestricted due to tree cover
3. Commentary: After a couple of runs I asked the model/rider to get off the bike and place it down I then positioned my self very low looking up at the bike, from here lowering the aperture and using the manual focus on my camera I made it so the frame and cranks in the middle were more focused than other part of the bike and the environmentShooting Details: in the background this emphasised theLocation: Wheatacre wood, Bold mud on the bike, showing that the bikeDate: 24/11/12 had been used. This linked into my brand as the slogan is ‘Go hard or GoF-stop: f/3.5 home’ and because the fact that the bike was photographed with mudShutter speed: 1/50 looking used shows that he pushed himself and the bike to the limitCamera: Nikon D5100 coming out dirty on the other side.Lighting Conditions: very misty and light wasrestricted due to tree cover
4. Commentary: I asked my model to ride the end of the track where he would have to brake hard. I positioned myself in some trees close to where he would have to start braking, my camera was on multi-shot so I would be able to capture him skidding and had a choice of my best photos I also used a fast shutter speed and followed the rider as he went passed this made the background of the image blurred but kept the rider in focus. I managed to capture him right at the end of his skid and managed to show leaves coming up as well as mark where he had just skidded, I positioned myself so theShooting Details: photo would obey the rule of thirds and soLocation: Wheatacre wood, Bold dead space would be created this gives the image meaning of where the rider has justDate: 24/11/12 came from and what he’s been through.F-stop: f/3.5 This links in to my brand because of the slogan ‘Go Hard or Go Home’ this imageShutter speed: 1/60 shows that he was going full speed and pushed himself to the limit until the veryCamera: Nikon D5100 last second.Lighting Conditions: very misty and light wasrestricted due to tree cover
5. Commentary: With this image I asked the model/rider to place his helmet on the floor, I knelt down so I was level with it and lowering the aperture I created a depth of field making the helmet stay in focus and theShooting Details: surrounding environment slightlyLocation: Wheatacre wood, Bold blurred out. This links in with my brand as it shows the conditions theDate: 24/11/12 rider was biking in and showed that he was taking risks and pushingF-stop: f/5 himself to the limit which is what myShutter speed: 1/30 brand is all about.Camera: Nikon D5100Lighting Conditions: very misty and light wasrestricted due to tree cover
6. Commentary: In this image the rider was getting ready to carry on doing more runs of the track. By lowering the aperture I was able to put more focus on the bike and make surrounding content slightly blurry but not enough for it to become un-visible, I captured himShooting Details: just about to put his helmet on, ILocation: Wheatacre wood, Bold positioned myself lower down which allowed me to capture both theDate: 24/11/12 rider and his bike, It also allowed me to capture the environment he wasF-stop: f/3.5 riding in. This links to my brand asShutter speed: 1/80 after several runs he was willing to go back out there and do moreCamera: Nikon D5100 which Is what my brand is all about.Lighting Conditions: very misty and light wasrestricted due to tree cover
7. Commentary: In this shot the rider is doing the track but on one of the corners there is a bump and I managed to capture the rider in mid air by using a fast shutter speed and the multi shot setting on my camera . I was positioned in a ditch to the right of the track and took the photo as the rider began to take the corner and come through the trees, the trees create a natural frame for the image and the image obeys by theShooting Details: rule of thirds this image also showLocation: Wheatacre wood, Bold active space which shows the direction of the rider and where heDate: 24/11/12 is heading. This image links to myF-stop: f/3.5 brand as it shows the environmentShutter speed: 1/60 the rider is in and also shows the rider focusing on his next move andCamera: Nikon D5100 pushing himself to the limit to beLighting Conditions: very misty and the best he can be, which is whatLight was restricted due to tree cover my brand is all about.
8. Commentary: In this image I captured the rider just about to go round a corner. To capture this I positioned myself in a ditch next to the corner and put the camera on multi shot so it would take more than one image and I could choose which one to use, I also made sure the rider was positioned to the right of the image so it would obey the rule of thirds.Shooting Details: This image also uses active spaceLocation: Wheatacre wood, Bold with space in front of the rider thisDate: 24/11/12 shows that the rider is moving in aF-stop: f/4 certain direction, this links into my brand because the rider is focusedShutter speed: 1/30 on his next move and being focusedCamera: Nikon D5100 is what my drink is all about.Lighting Conditions: very misty and light was restricted due totree cover
9. Commentary To do this image I positioned the model/rider on the edge of the hill and made him look out into the distance creating a look space this makes the viewer not only look at the rider but what he is looking at. This image obeys the rule of thirds I did this by positioning the model to the left of the image. In this image shows that the rider is eager toShooting Details:Location: Wheatacre wood, Bold explore places to make him the best he can be and striving the toDate: 24/11/12 be the best is one of the things myF-stop: f/3.8 brand is about.Shutter speed: 1/80Camera: Nikon D5100Lighting Conditions: very misty and light was restricted due totree cover
10. Commentary I took this image using the multi shot setting on my camera and a slower shutter speed, this created a motion blur of the model/rider yet kept the surrounding trees in focus, this made the rider seem like he wasShooting Details: going fast. In this image to environment is clearly shown andLocation: Wheatacre wood, Bold shows that the rider is challengingDate: 24/11/12 himself this links to my brand as challenging yourself is part of whatF-stop: f/3.5 my brand is all about.Shutter speed: 1/100Camera: Nikon D5100Lighting Conditions: very misty and light was restricteddue to tree cover