3. Social Media Marketing Essentials Passion Sense of Humor A Love of People Creation of a Community A Personal Touch
4. Beginning with Facebook <ul><li>What type of profile should we create?
5. Fan Page or Group?
6. What should we post?
7. How can we grow our </li></ul>community?
8. What Type of Profile Should we Create? <ul><li>Business Owners & Executives create your personal profile
9. Then, create a Fan Page or Group
10. Do not create a group or page under the profile of an employee!
11. It is against Facebook’s TOS for a business/organization to operate a personal profile </li></ul>
12. Facebook Fan Page
13. Why a Fan Page? Great for brands * Resembles a profile page * Clean and visually appealing * Conversational * Search Engine Friendly * Add other apps * Pair this with a widget on your site * Page creator’s name is hidden * Customized URL * Updates show up in fans’ streams/feeds * Traffic driver * Add photos, post videos, notes, etc.
14. Why not a Fan Page? * Harder to manage conversations * Comments and discussions are on display * Can be difficult to grow the audience
15. Facebook Group
16. Why a Facebook Group? * Easy to create * More intimate and private * Great for non-profits * Requires less maintenance * Emails/messages can be sent to members * Post photos, videos, links * Create events and invite members
17. Why Not a Facebook Group? * Less visual * Not as SEO-friendly * Members must visit the group for updates * Not able to add applications * FB posts related groups * Not widget friendly
18. What should I post? * Pictures * Videos * Links to pages on your site * Blog posts * Events * Funny stuff * Interesting stories * Features and Benefits
19. How can I build my community? * Invite your friends to become a fan/member * Post regular invites on Twitter * Save it as a bookmark * Send email invitations * Link to the page/group on YOUR home page * Include links in your blog posts * Mention Facebook on business cards, receipts, signs, email signature