Transcript of "Encourage commitment from employees"
Name : Mohd Razak Bin Rasul No. Matrix : XXXXXXXXXSubject : Personnel Management ( MGT XXX) Lecturer’s Name : Miss Farehan
Encourage Commitment From Employees In Institution of Organisation
• Wikipedia said that in terms of employee commitment or engagement, the keyword also known as worker engagement is a business management concept. An "engaged employee" is one who is fully involved in, and enthusiastic about their work, and thus will act in a way that furthers their organizations interests. According to Scarlett Surveys, "Employee Engagement is a measurable degree of an employees positive or negative emotional attachment to their job, colleagues and organization which profoundly influences their willingness to learn and perform at work". Thus engagement is distinctively different from employee satisfaction, motivation and organisational culture.
• Employee feedback is very essential for an organizations success. It will tell and keep the managers updated about the organizations strengths and weaknesses. Thus they can work upon them and try to eliminate those weaknesses. It will help them in carrying SWOT (Strength, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats) analysis in an organization, thus, contributing to organizations growth. Employee feedback should be encouraged by the managers as it tells them how motivated and satisfied the employees are in an organization. It tells the managers the reactions of employees to the companys policies. The employees should be honest enough in giving their views about a particular manager. They should be assured that their suggestions would be taken into consideration. They shouldnt be hesitant in giving their feedback
• Employees are a mediator between the managers and the customers. They can keep a company informed about customer satisfaction and customers traits. They can give suggestions on improvement of goods and services, on what type of training sessions should be conducted in an organization for the employees, on how their working environment can be improved, on the perks and benefits which should be given to keep employees motivated. The employees can tell the managers about what they feel about the tasks assigned to them. They can make managers understand that lack of appreciation by managers can lead to less productivity and thus, to slow growth of organization. If the employees feel overburdened with work assigned to them, they can honestly discuss this with their superiors so that their work can be distributed and shared if required. Employee feedback can help measure the outcome of training sessions, the requirements of customers, quality improvement in an organization
• Eight questions guide the decisions for effective employee reviews. The questions outline the discussion that follows.• What are my objectives for employee performance reviews?• Who will be reviewed?• What will be the mix of individual and group reviews?• Will the reviews be formal or informal?• What will be the mix of objective and subjective measures of performance?• How often will the reviews be done?• Who will conduct the reviews?• What review processes will be used?
• The specific reasons for doing employee performance reviews vary among small businesses. Objectives should help build a commitment to do the reviews, build enthusiasm for the reviews within the management team, and gain support from employees. Possible objectives include:• Help employees improve their performance.• Help employees with their career planning.• Take advantage of employee insights for improving the business.• Identify training and retraining needs.• Encourage and motivate employees.• Promote teamwork and employee cohesiveness.• Provide information for compensation decisions.• Increase supervisor satisfaction with their human resource accomplishments.• Identify needed changes in human resource management practices.• Provide information for the redesign of jobs.• Eliminate legally indefensible personnel actions.
The Advantages of Taking Feedback from Employees
• Job Satisfaction Employees that enjoy their workplace miss fewer days and keeps productivity high. Collecting feedback from employees will reveal what workers think of the company they represent. Get their perspective about the opportunities for advancement and the companys benefits package. Use this information to shape future perks, operating procedures and training programs. Feedback will give managers the advantage when they begin looking for new employees because theyll know what new talent is looking for.• Understand Dynamics Feedback will help you understand the current dynamics of the workplace. Get the inside scoop on manager/worker interactions. Feedback will reveal stress-causing issues and underlying friction between workers. Surveys and questionnaires will identify working issues like a bossy manager or unfriendly human resources person. Sometimes these workforce dynamics are hidden from small business owners. Youll discover if the companys objectives are clearly represented by managers. On the upside, youll also find out whos treating employees right. Learn who the real stars on your management team and in the workforce.• Compliance Issues Todays companies have a myriad of local, state and federal regulations that they must follow. Since the small business owner cant be there every moment, he or she will have to rely on managers and workers to follow the rules. Feedback will reveal how well regulation information is being filtered to the staff and how well the importance of compliance is stressed to employees. Feedback will alert you when compliance regulations need to be tweaked, changed or abandoned.• Performance and Productivity Feedback will give you clues about the cause of employee turnover. This costly phenomena will strain your resources. Save money on training new hires and lost productivity by studying feedback results. These reports may also reveal how you can shift employees for better productivity. Also, taking feedback will make employees feel as if their opinions matter, boosting their productivity. When employees get to safely share their appraisals, they feel valued. Contributing to your workplace gives a measure of ownership.
• Human resource management specialists can play a major role in improving the organizational productivity and encouraging employee commitment. A variety of schemes are available to encourage work-related improvements such as suggestion schemes, quality control circles, total quality management and international organisation certification (ISO).• To achieve employee commitment a variety of interventions and efforts are helpful, including career management, succession planning and building an effective organizational culture.