View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!Introducing SlideShare for AndroidExplore all your favorite topics in the SlideShare appGet the SlideShare app to Save for Later — even offline
View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new Android app!View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!
Personal Development and
• Study the book “Mastery that was provided.
(Greene, Robert. Mastery. Penguin Books, 11/2012.
• Familiarize myself with social networking. (Ex:
LinkedIn, Tumblr, Feedly, etc…)
• Meet other masters in my field and align myself
Goal: To develop mastery skills that will help me throughout my career.
Advanced Programming for
Goal: To understand the computer languages used to create and develop
mobile games and apps
• Watch video tutorials on Lynda.com.
• Practice with eclipse compiler to familiarize
myself with the environment.
• Take notes on the differences in languages.
Emerging Technologies for
Goal: To connect to different devices and become skilled at how to use the
technology in them.
• Read article Gasson, M. N., Kosta, E., Royer, D., Meints, M.,
& Warwick, K. (2011). Normality Mining: Privacy
Implications of Behavioral Profiles Drawn From GPS Enabled
Mobile Phones. IEEE Transactions On Systems, Man &
Cybernetics: Part C - Applications & Reviews, 41(2), 251-261.
• Join game clubs; retail stores, ie. Game Swap; community
centers and or create my club own so as to to share
multi-player ideas with local avid gamers.
• Study new hardware for mobile gaming.
Mobile Game Discovery and
Goal: To identify different game design options to generate revenue.
• Read Broll, W., Lindt, I., Herbst, I., Ohlenburg, J.,
Braun, A., & Wetzel, R. (2008). Toward Next-Gen
Mobile, AR Games. IEEE Computer Graphics &
Applications, 28(4), 40-48.
• Network with people in the industry via LinkedIn.
• Keep up to date with new feeds from reputable
game sites. (Ex: Gamespot.com, Gamefaqs.com,
Game Theory and Innovative
Goal: To understand the psychology of gaming and familiarize myself with play
• Read Dufwenberg, M., Gächter, S., & Hennig-
Schmidt, H. (2011). The framing of games and the
psychology of play. Games & Economic Behavior,
73(2), 459-478. doi:10.1016/j.geb.2011.02.003
• Study modern game design patterns.
• Join Gamers vs games club at FSO to examine
unique experiences during gameplay.
User Interface Design and
Goal: To design the user interface for my own mobile game.
• Read Subramanya, S. R., & Yi, B. K. (2007).
Enhancing the User Experience in Mobile Phones.
Computer, 40(12), 114-117.
• Research different interfaces from different games.
• Visit local parks and attractions for visual
Mobile Gaming Business
Goal: To learn what makes my game designs marketable and successful in the
• Read Donelan, J. (2006). small screens run deep.
(Cover story). Computer Graphics World, 29(4), 28-
• Follow popular mobile businesses and how they fair
in the market. Companies such as Gameloft, Ravio
studios, and Kabam.
• Join Game Production club at FSO to study
different production methods.
Storyboard and Game Design
Goal: To integrate my research and create storyboards.
• Read Moreno-Ger, P., Sierra, J., Martínez-Ortiz, I., &
Fernández-Manjón, B. (2007). A documental approach
to adventure game development. Science Of Computer
Programming, 67(1), 3-31.
• Familiarize and study different storyboards. I hope to
gain skills in efficiently creating my own storyboards for
how to implement game design.
• Follow Game Design techniques learned from my
Mobile Game Development I
Goal: To understand reverse engineering and programming for mobile devices.
• Follow tutorial at Lynda.com to master Objective C
programming language. http://www.lynda.com/Visual-
• Read Kurkovsky, S. (2013). Mobile game development:
improving student engagement and motivation in
introductory computing courses. Computer Science
Education, 23(2), 138-157.
• Research other mobile games to reverse engineer that
would benefit my own game.
Mobile Game Development II
Goal: To develop my mobile game and direct my focus on topics such as object
• Read Edwards, R., & Coulton, P. (2007). Teaching
embedded programming through mobile games
development in Symbian. International Journal Of
Electrical Engineering Education, 44(4), 307-624.
• Learn object oriented programming through
• Follow development leaders such as Mike Morhaime at
Mobile Game Testing
Goal: To detect different program errors and/or bugs.
• Read ROTHMAN, R. (2011). Video Games Take
Testing to the Next Level. Education Digest, 76(7), 4-
• Follow fellow students on LinkedIn and/or Skype
to keep updated on progress.
• Practice making error and bug reports for real
Mobile Gaming Thesis: Technical
Writing and Professional Presentation
Goal: To present myself and my work professionally.
• Read Martin, P., & Pemberton, J. (2003). Making the Executive
Presentation. Information Management Journal, 37(6), 58-62.
• Read Linsdell, J., & Anagnos, T. (2011). Motivating Technical
Writing through Study of the Environment. Journal Of Professional
Issues In Engineering Education & Practice, 137(1), 20-27.
• Watch tutorial at Lynda.com for making a Prezi presentation.