2. What is Tumblr & Who does itappeal to? Tumblr is most commonly explained as a micro-blogging platform. It’s a combination of blogging, Twitter and Facebook. It ups the creativity and lacks the character restrictions. According to Quantcast, about 45% of Tumblr users are aged between 18 – 34.
3. Why should you have one? Tumblr gives any online publication the ability to relate to its consumers on an informal and intimate level. With the combination of blog and image sharing, Tumblr helps create awareness fast.
4. Setting up your Tumblr account It’s easy to do! All you have to do is enter your email, create a URL, and password. Spend some time exploring the dashboard:
5. Tips Explore and follow the Tumblrs in the categories you want to appeal to. You increase your own visibility the more you interact with others on Tumblr. With every like or repost your name and URL show up at the bottom of the page. Be sure to self-link and tag related words on every original Tumblr post. Post frequently on Tumblr. It is ok to send 5 – 10 posts in one day. Link back to original content and encourage interaction from your Tumblr followers.
6. Examples Popular publication websites use Tumblr to post pictures or quotes with links to their articles. Think of Tumblr as a complement to your original website. Some good examples: http://entertainmentweekly.tumblr.com/ http://theatlantic.tumblr.com/ Huffington Post uses Tumblr to make more informal connections with “behind the scenes info from the editors”. http://huffingtonpost.tumblr.com/