Scientific Innovations, Moving Machines, Robots, History of Robots, Capabilities of Robots, Uses of Robots, Beneficial use of robots, Verstality of Robots, Robots serves human, Robots will change the world.
Start with the name of Allah,
the most merciful & gracious
Hafiz Ali Arsalan
What is a Robot?
A machine capable of carrying out a complex series of actions
automatically, especially one programmable by a computer
History is divided into Four stages
• Early Beginning
In the 4th century BC, the Greek mathematician postulated a
mechanical steam-operated bird he called "The Pigeon".
• Remote Controlled System
Remotely operated vehicles were demonstrated in the late 19th
Century in the form of several types of remotely controlled
In 1917, Nikola Tesla demonstrated a remote controlled aircraft
and in the same year built the first wire-guided rocket.
• Humanoid Robot
In 1928, one of the first humanoid robots was exhibited at the
annual exhibition of the Model Engineers Society in London.
The robot could move it's hands and head and could be
controlled through remote control or voice control
• Autonomous Robot
The first electronic autonomous robots with complex
behavior were created by William Grey, in 1948 and
• A humanoid robot is a robot with its body shape built to
resemble that of the human body.
• Ever-1 is a Korean android that is able to move its upper body,
speak, and make facial expressions.
• It can even make eye contact with the people near it.
A fully autonomous robot has the ability to
• Gain information about the environment .
• Work for an extended period without human intervention
• Move itself throughout its operating environment without
• Avoid situations that are harmful to people, property or to itself.
Lead acid batteries make available source of energy to
lead acid batteries which are safe and have relatively long
They much more expensive than normal batteries.
Muscles of Robot are called Actuators which convert stored energy into
Advance types of actuators are powered by electricity, chemicals, or
Sensors allow robots to receive information about environment, or
Sensing is essential for robots to perform their tasks.
Sensor made Robot act upon any changes and calculate the appropriate
Recent research has developed a tactile sensor array that
impersonate the mechanical properties.
Robot vision systems rely on image sensors which detect
The sensors are designed using solid-state physics
Robot Types by Use
Robot in Motion
• Modern Robot can move in any medium of surfaces, It can be
walking or skating, swimming or flying .
• Even in harsh conditions of Arctic to Sahara desert
Robot in Motion
• Several snake robots have been successfully developed.
• These robots can navigate very confined spaces, meaning they
may one day be used to search for people trapped in collapsed
• The Japanese ACM-R5 snake robot can even navigate both on
land and in water.
• Artificial intelligence is technology and a branch of computer
science that studies and develops intelligent machines and
• The study and design of intelligent age
• Artificial intelligence has been the subject of tremendous
optimism] but has also suffered stunning setbacks
Can anyone Guess where these Picture
And the Answers are …..
1. This is a self-portrait of NASA's Mars rover Curiosity lower on
Mars (Feb. 3, 2013) in the left quadrant of the image, shows
gray-powder and two holes where Curiosity used its drill on
the rock target "John Klein."
2. NASA's Mars Exploration Rover Opportunity used its
panoramic camera to acquire this view of "Solander Point"
during the on June 1, 2013.