1. Table Comparing the similarity and differences between my front page and a professional front cover Similarity ContrastMasthead MastheadThe Masthead on Both Magazines are both Similar as they are big bold in Although Blenders Masthead is very Similar, Bender’s masthead has a streak goingblack as this is effective as it catches the attention the people. across it.Headlines HeadlinesThe headlines for both magazines are spaced out evenly across the whole The headlines used in my magazines is very different compared to the Blendersmagazine using different types of heading, the reason why the headlines are headlines as Flavour uses headlines that talks about Music and news about Music on theplaced where they are is because so reader can jump from headlines to other hand Blender uses stereo typical topics such as “Bikini booze scurvy” this showsanother, also the colours of the headlines use different colours so it looks that Magazine is implying that the Audience is more interested in life style than Music.appealing rather than dull although the text size is are all different as it canstart from big then go small. Colour Scheme The colour Scheme used for Flavour took me some time as I chose Black and pink I wasColour Scheme hesitant at first because I didn’t want to be stereotypical however I then decided thatThe colour Scheme for the Magazines have the same idea on how to use the using pink make my magazine instantly appealing to the audience my audience is womancolours and where to use them, e.g. both magazines mixed up the colours and men but a man who is metrosexual that isnt your typical man that goes to the pubwith the headlines as they different colour’s, the reason for this is because its and acts Macho.more exciting and more colourful and make sure the magazines doesnt lookdull but more brighter. ImagesImages The Blenders magazine model is showing more skin to get the attention to draw in theThe image I used for the main picture for my magazine is a Picture of a young audience.Attractive girl that attracts the audience, I directed the model to wear smartbut also look edgy, both images are in the centre of the magazines as theywant the picture to be the centre of attention the reason for this so themagazine catches the Audiences eye.
2. Table Comparing the similarity and differences between my content page and a professional contents page Similarity Contrast Masthead Both of the Contents page have in similar I that they have ”Content” Masthead written in Big bold in black on top so it is recognisable. The word “Content” in my contents page looks more masculine of the stereotypical big bold strong looking font I chose, however “Content” on the magazine below us is more feminine of the curvy and elegant , this Side heading shows that different magazine are targeted for different genders. The Layout for both of these contents page is very similar as they both contain the a column that is guiding the reader which way to look for information about what‘ is in the music magazine. Side heading The side heading is positioned differently from mine , as my colours are on the right and Blender contents page is on the left.. Colour scheme The colour scheme in both magazine in the contents page’s Colour Scheme consistent as models also have an effect to the colour scheme as they My colour scheme is red and black for a serious look I investigated and match the background the everything around it, this is a good idea as it found that the colour black and red is a good contrast, on the other hand is easy to look at and catches attention of the audience. Blenders scheme is more of a fresh, calm ocean feel , this was a good idea of colour as my colour scheme catches the eye and want to get them Image excited for the next page as Blender wants to sooth and calm the reader. Both image have a person in the roughly in the centre of the magazine, it shows a young confident person that has captured there dream of Image music life, this inspires the audience thinking that nothing is impossible and nothing is stopping them chasing for there dream also both have Shows a female artist that is looking away from the camera this speech bubbles with quotes in them the reason for this the reader can shows us that she is shy person have a look what goes on in the Stars mind
3. Table Comparing the similarity and differences between my double page spread and a professional double page spread Similarity Contrast Masthead Masthead Both double page spreads have the persons/band name big on This double page spread uses more than one colour on the title top, so the reader knows who it is about. and uses blue and black for a more stand out effect Layout Layout Both magazine have allot of information about the person/Band The layout of this I double page spread is much different than in colours as it is an interview giving insight of there the life and mine as it has more pictures on it and contains more writing that music career the reason for this is because the people can plotted everywhere with lots of captions describing what is going understand what goes through there lives, also both magazines and with more subheading. have a quote with words of inspiration. Colour scheme The colour scheme of this is Blue and black but the Picture have Colour scheme allot of colour in them so this really gives a calm atmosphere The usage of more than one colour has been done as the Double when reading this magazine even though its a rock one also the page spread, I have used Pink as my person is a female do I stereo typical blue colour is used to show that it is for male represent them with a stereotypical colour pink however the magazine picture on the right has used Blue for the stereo typical boys colour. Image Image Both music magazine have images showing the main person using a big part of the paper the reason for this is to let the reader know who it is about. Lots of more picture used in this double page spread than my one reason for this that is shows allot more aspect of the group and fun cool images so the reader can enjoy.
4. How does your media product represent particular social groups?My media Product represent people from various of age’s, from 16- 25 asthey are usually the people with enough money to purchase my musicmagazine every week, I have also conducted a research to both males andfemales consumers to give me a insight into what was needed in my musicmagazine to attract the specific audience. I have found out that my musicmagazine will contain main stream music mainly hip pop and Rnb as it is themost fitting. RnB and Hip pop is a big market in the music industry , I havefound out that my music must contain the latest news and information aboutArtist’s new releases of the Albums and also inside life about the artist so mymagazine is also contains about the life style and interviews from the musicstarsThe design of my front cover has all been inspired by other music magazinesuch as Vibe, Blender and kerrang as we all share the same music ideaThe way that my magazine represent my target market is by the decision Ivemade by carefully looking at what colours and what kind of images andinformation should be used to attract my audience.
5. I used freebees in Magazine so I can grasp the audience. Used Teasers to get the audience’s attention.The reason I chose thismasthead I felt it was big boldand made my magazinestandout. Did research and found out the latest news and found out whos the big star of the year andI wanted my readers to be found out Dappy, sopeople thatentertained by keeping are into RnB can look at myupdate with latest news with magazine to.Music shows, and wanted tothrill them also giving themexclusive interview’s. Searched up Lady GaGa and found out she has really weird dress sense also good music so, people that are into RnB can also understandI used the colour scheme of her life style plus her Songs.Pink and Black because theywere good contrast colours ,also I wanted to challenge Wanted to show a youngthe stereotype of Pink being confident woman withfeminine Casual smart dress sense, I directed the poses as I wanted to see the serious look on her face
6. I chose this font as it strong I Simple but effective writing to guide thewanted to challenge that this is reader also added heading by dividing thea masculine font. my magazine in 3 so it is easier to guide the reader.I Made lines to border upMagazine, I added 2 lines tomake the Content stand outand a line to divide the picture I wanted to show a relaxedand column. calm person just leaning up against a wall with no worried also by grinning on the CameraI put a speech bubble of Whata artist was saying I wanted to Made a little design ofmake it sound like if he was headphones and edited itrich so my Readers can aspire so it looks like if it sprayedto this. on the wall, reason for this it made it look like more of a music magazine
7. Added another quote toWrote Singers name is Curvy and Added a quote to motivate motivate the readers andelegant writing to show its about a the readers and artist that showing that Jade passing herfemale want to be famous knowledge down by sharing her wisdom words and giving hope to her fansMade a littleintroduction aboutmy Artist that I havecreated about herupsetting life and howthat has changedWrote allot aboutJade’s life about herlife style and whatwas her inspirationabout music Wanted a picture of Jade from above the shoulders to show the raw essence of her face, also I added a effect Black and white as it looked
8. I have interviewed 10 people 5 boys and 5 girls giving there views and opinions aboutmy music magazine and ask them various of questions I have summed these resultsand this is the data that I have got.
9. What kind of media institution might distribute your media product and why?As my music magazine is about Rnb and stream music I think Bauer media is theone to go with as it is one of the most successful and innovative media companyin the worlds with over 400 magazines more than 110 websites and around 50radio station and TV programs. I feel that this company will guide my magazineto the right path and get selling like hot cakes as I have not problems advertisingit as they have so much links and contacts in addition bauer Media group is thesecond largest commercial radio provider in the UK with 42 programmes.I think that one thing that might be a problem is that my music magazine is verydifferent from other music magazine as my target market could be buyinganother magazine that is equivalent to mine.
10. Who would be the audience for your media product?The audience of my music magazine is both female and male mainly aged at 16-25year old as I will be using informal language and also the type of music reallyreflects on them, the reason why I have targeted my magazine at that age is that Ihave researched other music magazine and found that they have roughly the sameage group as my magazine and that this target audience had enough money to buymy music magazine regularlyI also wanted this audience because I believe that the age group is the majority ofpeople that is contributing to the music industry and supporting the artist mybuying CD’s and buying Music magazines. My target audience will be people that goout allot to concerts, gigs and clubs and hear the latest songs and mixes anddownloads there music illegally and not download it illegally because they loveliving life on the edge and also these people love spending time with there friendsalso hearing the latest gossip I believe I music magazine can provide this.
11. I used freebees in Magazine so I can grasp the audience. Used Teasers to get the audience’s attention.The reason I chose thismasthead I felt it was big boldand made my magazinestandout. Did research and found out the latest news and found out whos the big star of the year andI wanted my readers to be found out Dappy, sopeople thatentertained by keeping are into RnB can look at myupdate with latest news with magazine to.Music shows, and wanted tothrill them also giving themexclusive interview’s. Searched up Lady GaGa and found out she has really weird dress sense also good music so, people that are into RnB can also understandI used the colour scheme of her life style plus her Songs.Pink and Black because theywere good contrast colours ,also I wanted to challenge Wanted to show a youngthe stereotype of Pink being confident woman withfeminine Casual smart dress sense, I directed the poses as I wanted to see the serious look on her face
12. I also used informal language in double page spread as I felt this ishow my Target audience want to read there magazine as I didn’twant to make it sound serious, as I music magazine is RnB,Mainstream and hip genre I wanted to read through it fast but getallot of out it.
13. What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?In the process of making my music magazine I have learnt so muchsuch as Adobe Photoshop I have gained skills and knowledge how touse it effectively and used it to make my work look professionaland I also learnt on adobe Photoshop how to increase the quality ofpicture add effects and add backgrounds also other techniques suchas cropping etc.Blogger allowed me to keep my work in order with regular easyupdates, I never used anything like this before so it was a newexperience, blogger made sure that my peers and teacher can seemy work and allowed them to comment and give me feedback onwhat I did good and I need to improve on my work.Drop box is a online hard drive that allowed me to place all mywork in safe keeping so I can access through the internet athome or at school this was a new experience for me as I neverused anything like this before.
14. What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?
15. What do you feel you have learnt in the progression from your preliminary task to the full product? As you can see here that my work from October was pretty at beginners stage as I didn’t really understand layout of magazine , you can also see that my school magazine looked more like a poster than a magazine with a first glance as it doesnt have that professional. But now I have the skills to make how to operate Photoshop and use it effectively I have created amateur pictures into professional looking work also my side heading look much better organised and layout compared to my school magazine, also I have the skills to work a camera to its peak by knowing the buttons but also different shot against the wall from different angles lastly I have better ideas on colour schemes instead using random colours and also thinking what effect the colours will have on the audience.