I’m Ranjit De
... & this is my story
… 13 years ago a young graduate from a small
town of Bengal landed in Mumbai to fulfill his
dream of becoming a top executive in the
The MBA course in ITM along with the
industry projects fueled his dream and finally
he got his first offer letter from the leading airconditioning company ‘Blue Star Ltd., Delhi’
as a management trainee.
New city, new people, first job..!
It was not an easy start at all. So he left
the ‘MBA’ tag soon & rolled up his
sleeves. Hours spent on the roads, with
customers & dealers helped building the
first step as a ‘Sales professional’.
Not to forget those ‘delhi summers’
which literally grilled him towards
A new opportunity
Feb 2005, the ‘spring’ in Delhi springs up a new opportunity. 3M India Ltd. – learning takes a new
leap. The MNC culture, innovative products, new markets and soon he became a ‘frequent flier’…
Those sweats & sunburns really paid off..!
Growing fast & furious..!
…he always wanted to be a ‘marketer’ & the opportunity came knocking.
This time a national marketing role based out of the 3M India HQ @ UB
City in Bangalore…WOW!
The ‘sales experience’ worked wonder here & with ingenious creative touch
he redefined the art of story telling in 3M Commercial Graphics business.
Product Management, new launches, events, seminars, collaterals,
loyalty programs … the organization took a notice & recognized him as a
‘High Potential Employee’.
A new opportunity…again!
back to Mumbai..!
…this time it’s a ‘Senior Role’ in AGC Networks
(An ESSAR Enterprise).
assignment : to buildup a new business and he
was just waiting for this. He went back to the
drawing board & put all his past experience of
Sales & Marketing together and started building
from the scratch.
It was challenging but hard work paid off again..!
Year 2011- Present
Senior Manager – Marketing & Business Development
Today, he is heading the Marketing & Business
Development function of Commercial & Channel
Business @ AGC Networks where he is supervising
the following activities with a team of marketers &
sales operation executives..
Business modelling & GTM articulation
Business operations & analytics
The dream has not been fulfilled yet, but the journey has been exciting so far…!
Year 2011- Present
Blue Star Ltd.
3M India Ltd
AGC Networks Ltd
2000 - 2002
2002 - 2005
2005 - 2011
2011 - Present
- Conceptualizing & implementing Sales Plans, Strategies & Promotion plans for accomplishment of business goals.
- Achieving gross margin objectives by adopting pricing strategies
- Maintaining desired inventory levels and management of ageing inventory and obsolete stocks.
- Taking overall Vertical P&L responsibility
- Managing Strategic Alliances
Marketing & Business Development
- Formulating strategies & reaching out to the unexplored market segments for business expansion.
- Analyzing latest marketing trends and tracking competitors’ activities to customize tactical plans
- Evaluating and pursuing new business opportunities as per targeted plans.
- Developing and implementing marketing plans with ROI based promotional activities.
- Conducting channel meets, training and promotions for channel motivation, new product launch and for identification of
additional opportunities in channel
- Supervising & monitoring performance of the direct and indirect subordinates for ensuring organizations objectives.
- Tracking training needs of employees for upgrading their technical skills & interpersonal skills.
- Motivating the team members towards owning the goals and achieving the results.
- Understanding the zest of subordinates and accordingly delegating as per their skill set
Awards, Recognitions & Certifications
- Awarded ‘Sales Person of the Quarter’ in 2005 , 3m India Ltd
- Recognized as ‘High Potential Employee’, 3M India Ltd
- Achieved ‘Green Belt’ certification in Six Sigma, 3M India Ltd
- Member of the global implementation of Salesforce.com core team , AGC Networks Ltd
Year 2002- Present
Mobile: +91 9769548957
Please contact me for
I’m Ranjit De & this was my story…!
Photo credits: to respective image owners. Special effects applied to original images.
Rights of the Logos are with the owners. Used for representation purpose only .
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.