How to download Library ebooks using the OverDrive Media Console AppPresentation Transcript
How to download
ebooks using the
1) Search for the Overdrive Media Console in your app store
(Google Play Store for Android devices, the Nook app store for
Nook devices, the Amazon.com App Store for Kindle devices or
the App Store on Apple devices), then follow the instructions to
install the app on your device. This app will allow you to access
ebooks from Randolph County’s Digital Depot.
2) Once installed, open the OverDrive Media Console app on
your iPhone, iPad, Kindle Fire, Nook Tablet, Android-based
tablet or smartphone.
3) Open the Overdrive Media Console app, swipe from left to
right to open the menu and tap Add a library. You may search for
a library by name, city or zip code.
4) Choose Randolph County Public Library from the available
list of libraries.
5) Next the Digital Depot will open. Use the Search box to
find a title for checkout. Note the small book icon in the
top right corner of each book. Black means the book is
available for checkout, grey means you can place a hold.
6) When you have found a title you would like to check out,
7) If prompted, sign in using your library card and PIN number.
8) Tap download then check the EPUB version of the title for Nook
tablets, Kindle Fire, Apple and Android devices.
9) Next, tap Confirm & Download.
10) Once the app loads the title onto your Bookshelf, swipe the screen
from left to right. The above menu will appear. Tap Bookshelf. If this is
your first time downloading an ebook in the EPUB format, you may
need to create an Adobe ID.
11) Once the download is complete, tap the title and enjoy.
12) In order to return an EPUB item early, long press the title from
your Bookshelf. Tap Return, then confirm by tapping Return again.
Kindle books are returned from your Manage My Kindle link on
your Amazon.com account.
If you need help, call the Library reference desk at
336-318-6803 or bring your device to the Library
for one-on-one assistance.