Randolph County Public Library
1) Connect your Kindle to the computer with a USB cable. Double click the My
Computer icon on your desktop or in your Start menu. Watch the lower right
corner of your My Computer window for confirmation that the computer has
recognized your Kindle.
2) Log onto the library’s website: www.randolphlibrary.org and click on
Downloadable Media. Then click on Digital Depot to get to the library’s
collection of ebooks.
3) Browse or search for an available ebook. Note the small book icon
in the upper right corner of the book jacket. If the icon is grey, the
book is checked out and you may place a hold on it. If the book
icon is black, it is available for checkout.
5) Enter your library card number and PIN number.
6) Check out a Kindle book with Digital Depot, then click the
Get for Kindle button.
7) Select ‘Transfer via Computer’ from the Deliver to: drop down list.
8) Confirm which Kindle will be the recipient of the transfer.
9) The Save File prompt will vary depending on your web browser.
Be sure to click Save, not Open.
10) Contrary to the onscreen instructions, it is NOT necessary to
transfer the file to the hard drive of the computer. Instead,
navigate to the drive letter representing the Kindle’s internal
storage to display the documents folder.
11) Double-click the documents folder to ensure the downloaded file
will be saved within it, then click Save.
12) Before disconnecting the Kindle from the computer, navigate back
to the file system browser. Right-click the Kindle, then select Eject
from the pop-up menu. Disconnect the USB after the “Safe to
remove hardware” message appears.
If you need help, call the Library reference desk at 336-318-6803 or bring your
device to the Library for one-on-one assistance.
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.