NUCLEAR POWER PLANTS
• COST- SITE SELECTION
• SAFETY- TO AVOID
OTHER BUILDING/ ACTIVITY
• PROFILERATION- TO DENY
ACCESS TO UNWANTED
• WASTE-IS STORED IN
• BOROSILICATE GLASS AND
THEN STORING IN LEAK
TIGHT CAPSULES. THESE
CAPSULES ARE STORED IN
DEEP SALT MINES OR WELLS
DRILLED IN OCEAN FLOORS.
• LIQUID EFFLUENTS-
PASSED THROUGH ION
• GASEOUS EFFLUENTS-99 %
OF 10 MICRON PARTICLES
• HOW much electric energy could theoretically
be produced by the destruction of 1 g of
• What is the energy equivalence of 1 amu?
• What are the total binding energy and the
binding energy per nucleon for the 8 O 16
• How much power is generated by fissioning of
1 g of U235 per day?
• THE RATING OF A NUCLEAR POWER PLANT
FOR SUBMARINE IS 5 MW. OVERALL
EFFICIENCY IS 30 %. FUEL IS U 235. FIND THE
AMOUNT OF NATURAL URANIUM NEEDED TO
GENERATE THIS POWER IF THE AVERAGE
ENERGY RELEASE PER FISSION FOR THIS FUEL
IS 190 Mev?