There is no negative marking.
Each question carries 1 mark.
Time provided is 25 min.
1. What is "David and Jerry's Guide to the World Wide Web“now famously known as?
2.What term was coined by John McCarthy who defined it as the “science and engineering” of making intelligent
3. Andy Rubin and Rich Miner deviced this software as early as 2003 before they sold it to the company
which owns it today for $50 million.Rubin and Miner now hold high posts in this company.Id the software.
4. What technology by Apple intelligently switches over between SSDs and HDDs?
5. Expand VLC.
6. Project 'Boot to Gecko' is awesome. What am i talking about?
7. Change in the wavelength of light that occurs when a light beam is deflected by molecules. This
phenomenon is known as?
8. When I made ARPANET the topic of my doctoral dissertation at Harvard, I got a failing grade. I was mad
but I didn't let it get me down. Instead, I went on to invent Ethernet and found a company named 3Com.
Who am I?
9. A person X, rushed into the Eagle Pub on an uneventful day in February 1953 and remarked, “We have
discovered the secret of life”. What was X referring to and identify him.
10. Expand IEEE.
11. India we use this word without the prefix motor. In other countries it is also known as a child's toy or a
flat-bottomed sail boat. Which word?
12. ‘Make.Believe’ is the tagline of which international company?
13. PSLV is an expendable launch system developed and operated by the ISRO. It was developed to allow
India to launch its satellites. Expand PSLV.
14. X is a theoretical mode of high-speed transportation sketched out by a famous entrepreneur . He
envisions the system as a 'fifth mode' of transportation: an alternative to boats, aircraft, automobiles, and
trains. Id X.
15. Connect: a fruit, a rabbit in the Richard Adams novel Watership Down, and a yuppie gadget?
16. The SIG (special interests group) oversees the development of which standards and trademark?
17. Which famous utility was started by Drew Houston, the idea for which he conceived while at MIT?
18. Which company was founded by John Bullough Lansing in 1946?
19. What is the fullform of 'AMOLED'?
20. What is the term used to refer to one billon gigabytes?
21. Which is the fastest computer in the world at present?
22. The term GUI stands for ‘Graphical Ultimate Interface’. True or False?
23. Who won the Nobel Prize for physics in 2013?
24. Zarya, Unity, Zvezda, Destiny, Quest, Pirs, Harmony, Columbus, Kibō, Poisk, Tranquility, Cupola and
Rassvet are the different components/modules of what?
25. This phenomenon is named after the Austrian physicist , who proposed it in 1842 that it is the change in
frequency of a wave for an observer moving relative to its source. It is commonly heard when a vehicle
sounding a siren or horn approaches, passes, and recedes from an observer. The received frequency is higher
during the approach, it is identical at the instant of passing by, and it is lower during the recession. Which
26. ______________ is celebrated on October 23rd. It officially starts at 6:02 A.M. and ends at 6:02 P.M on
27. What was invented by Peter Kramer & Lou Ottens at Philips?
28. What is the smallest unit of picture that can be represented or controlled and has its own address?
29. What term is used to describe a program that appears to perform a harmless action but actually
performs another act such as transmitting a virus?
30. The customary unit for nuclear cross sections is the barn. How much is 1 barn??
31. This class of particle derives its name from the Greek word for intermediate, because its predicted mass
wasbetween that of the electron and that of the proton, which has about 1,836 times the mass of the
electron.What are we talking about?
32. ‘justarather very intelligent system ‘. Which piece of tech is being talked about?
33. This effect explains commonly observed deviations from the typical trajectories or paths of spinning balls
in sport, notably soccer, table tennis, tennis,volleyball, golf, baseball, cricket and in paintball marker balls.
34. The first search engine was called X, and was created in 1990 by Alan Emtage, a student at McGill
University in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. But, for whatever reason, it only lets you search worldwide
anonymous FTPs or Polish websites. Id X.
35. Which day is celebrated in India on February 28 each year to mark the discovery of the Raman effect by
Indian physicist Sir ChandrasekharaVenkata Raman on 28 February 1928?
2. Artificial intelligence
4. Fusion drive
5. Video lan client
7. Raman effect
8. Robert Metcalfe
9. Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers
10. Francis Crick and he was referring to the discovery of the structure of DNA.
13. Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle
19. active-matrix organic light-emitting diode
21. China's Tianhe-2
23. Peter Higgs and François Englert
24. International space station
25. Doppler effect
26. Mole day
30. 100 fm^2
33. Magnus effect
35. National Science Day