1. REVIEWS - Vegas Pro 10 [Old Version]ViewUserReviewsAverage Customer Rating3.1 out of 5Product FeatureThe Vegas Pro 10 collection offers an efficient andqintuitive environment for professional audio andvideo production.Including stereoscopic 3D tools and DVD/Blu-rayqDisc authoringNatively supports the newest pro camcorderqformats including XDCAM EXAnd RED, still images greater than one gigapixel inqresolution, AVCHD, QVC Quicktime DSLR files, andplenty moreIncluding side-by-side, top/bottom, line alternate,qor traditional anaglyphic encodingAlso natively supports RED ONE files, with theqability to open/edit .r3d files directly on thetimelineRead moreqProduct DescriptionWhen speed, precision, flexibility and dimensionality matter most, Vegas Pro 10 delivers. This collection offersan efficient and intuitive environment for professional audio and video editing, DVD/Blu-ray Disc authoring, andnew stereoscopic 3D production. With broad format support, superior video effects processing, and the mostpowerful audio tools available in a NLE, Vegas Pro 10 provides everything needed to produce outstandingresults whether in the field or the editing suite. Read moreProduct DescriptionThe Vegas Pro 10 collection offers an efficient and intuitive environment for professional audio and videoproduction, as well as DVD and Blu-ray Disc authoring. This comprehensive suite offers the most robust andprogressive platform available for content creation and production. With innovative stereoscopic 3D tools,broad format support, superior video effects processing, unparalleled audio support, and a full complement ofeditorial features, the Vegas Pro 10 collection delivers everything needed to produce outstanding results. VegasPro 10 includes 32- and 64-bit versions of Vegas Pro 10 software, DVD Architect Pro 5.2 software, and the DolbyDigital professional AC-3 encoder.
2. An efficient and intuitive environment for professional audioand video production, as well as DVD and Blu-ray Discauthoring. Click here for a larger imageProfessional HD Video, Audio, and Blu-Ray Disc CreationStereoscopic 3D EditingCreating stereoscopic 3D projects is as easy as working with 2D media. With innovative new tools, Vegas Pro 10provides the ability to import, adjust, edit, preview, and output stereoscopic 3D media in various formats.Delivery formats include single or dual files including side-by-side, top/bottom, or line alternate as well astraditional anaglyphic encoding.Closed Captioning SupportClosed captioning support offers broadcast editors a workflow that enables the importing, editing, previewing,and exporting of CEA-608 captioned data in high definition Sony XDCAM MXF material. In addition, Vegas Pro10 provides CEA-708 uplifting and encoding, Line 21 decode and render support, HD-SDI capture and print, andsupport for industry closed captioning file types.Enhanced Video Plug-In ArchitectureThe new video effects plug-in architecture, based on the Open Effects Association platform, provides updatedand enhanced technology that enables third-party plug-in developers to develop advanced video effect plug-insmore easily and rapidly. Additional plug-ins offer Vegas Pro 10 users hundreds of new effect and specialtechniques for creating professional-level projects.Image StabilizationVegas Pro 10 provides a smooth playback experience by reducing jittery or shaky video that often occurs whenshooting without a tripod or with inexpensive portable pocket devices.Audio Event FXVegas Pro 10 allows editors to assign audio effects at the master output, bus level, track level, and now theevent level for greater flexibility when working with multitrack projects.VU MetersVU meters, available in the mixing console, provide a slow measurement that averages peaks and troughs toprovide a visual representation of the perceived loudness of material.
3. Edit multicamera productions intuitively andquickly by specifying shots as you watch yourproject.Use image stabilization technology to reducejitter and shaky video footage.Grouping tracks saves space on the timelineby providing collapsed tracks under a singleheader track.Track GroupingGrouping tracks saves space on the Vegas Pro timeline by collapsing related tracks under a single track header.This is a quick and easy way to organize and manage complex projects by grouping specific sections ofvideo/audio.GPU Accelerated AVC EncodingVegas Pro 10 uses the graphics processing unit (GPU) in equipped computers to improve AVC renderingperformance and speed, which allows final projects to be published faster than ever before. Users with aCUDA-enabled NVIDIA video card are able to encode to the Sony AVC format using GPU-accelerated rendering.Improved QuickTime AVC DecodeEditors using popular DSLRs that record to QuickTime AVC gain significant improvement in playbackperformance.AVCHD Timecode SupportAVCHD timecode support allows the extraction and reporting of timecode from AVCHD files written bysupported camcorders such as the Sony NXCAM. This support provides more precise logging, editing andsynchronizing with other media.Precise Editing ToolsEdit SD or HD video with drag-and-drop functionality, mouse and keyboard trimming, and ripple editing.Features include the ProType Titler, multicamera editing tools, 32-bit floating point video processing,
4. customizable window layouts, color-coded snapping, improved HDV/SDI/XDCAM support, A/V synchronizationdetection and repair, and auto-frame quantization.Broad Format SupportVegas Pro 10 software natively supports the newest professional camcorder formats including XDCAM EX andRED. Vegas Pro 10 software also includes support for still images greater than one gigapixel in resolution. UsePan and Scan to create a stunning movie sequence from these large pictures while maintain HD resolution.Superior Audio ControlVegas software provides the ultimate in audio flexibility, including unlimited tracks, 24-bit/192 kHz audiosupport, on-the-fly punch-in recording, 5.1 surround mixing, effects automation, and time compress/expand.Apply over 30 customizable, real time audio effects including EQ, Reverb, Delay, and more. Vegas Pro 10software natively supports VST audio plug-ins—expanding your audio processing and mixing options.Efficient, Professional Workflow for 32- and 64-bit SystemsThe Vegas Pro 10 interface provides a fully customizable workspace for accomplishing a wide range ofproduction requirements. Dock multiple windows across multiple monitors, and save your layouts to fit specificediting tasks; nest Vegas projects within the timeline, customize and save keyboard commands, and useapplication scripting to automate repetitive tasks. System-wide media management produces maximumefficiency. Network rendering saves time by using multiple computers and networked drive arrays to rendercomplex projects. Vegas Pro software also supports 24p, HD and HDV editing.Powerful Blu-ray Disc AuthoringBurn movies to Blu-ray Disc directly from the Vegas Pro timeline for high-definition delivery. Use DVD ArchitectPro software (included with the Vegas Pro collection) to author DVDs or Blu-ray Disc media with multiple videoangles, subtitles, multiple languages, and special features. Preview and test your work in real time. ApplyBrightness and Contrast, Auto Levels, Crop, and Anti-Flicker filters. Set CSS and Macrovision copy-protectionflags for masters.The Vegas Pro 10 collection includes apowerful set of audio tools for the mostdemanding productions.DVD Architect Pros clean, drag-and-dropinterface and powerful layout and authoringtools make it easy to develop dynamicmenu-based Blu-ray Disc and DVD projects.
5. Full-featured XDCAM WorkflowThe Vegas Pro 10 workflow for XDCAM and XDCAM EX is extremely intuitive and efficient. Vegas Pro 10software provides all the tools needed to edit proxy and full resolution HD and SD XDCAM MXF files natively andsupports all frame rates and aspect ratios, multichannel audio, EssenceMarks metadata, and all HD and SDXDCAM compression types. Vegas Pro 10 software can natively read all XDCAM EX frame rates and resolutions.The new integrated device explorer lets you preview and import only the files you need for your current project.4K SupportVegas Pro 10 software natively supports frame sizes up to 4096x4096. The 4K image standard for digitalcinema projection is 4096 x 2160 pixels. This level of resolution provides more detail and flexibility to pan andcrop. It is ideal for compositing and video effects work, as it provides a high-quality final output.Digital Signage SupportDigital signage support in Vegas Pro 10 software makes it easy to author video for tall signage purposes. Toshoot content for these displays, many tripods have a 90-degree camera-tilt option. With Vegas Pro 10 softwareyou can edit in this format with a new "Rotation" setting in the video tab of Project Properties, as well as a"Rotation" setting in the Media Properties dialog (and related rotation commands in the Project Media itemcontext menu). In addition to fast and easy rotation of source media, Vegas Pro 10 software can un-rotate theproject output to render to existing widescreen formats, for playback on rotated displays.Multicamera WorkflowEdit multicamera productions intuitively and quickly by specifying shots as you watch your project. Switchbetween as many as 32 video sources with a keyboard command or a click of your mouse. Vegas Pro 10software keeps all unused shots as alternate takes to make fine-tuning your edits more efficient.Sophisticated Lighting EffectsIn version 10 are Glint, Rays, Defocus, Starburst, Soft Contrast, and Fill Light. These effects let you simulate theeffect of light streaming in from behind your source, create colored highlights, change the focus of your shotand more.Enhanced 32-bit Floating Point Video ProcessingWork in 8-bit mode for speed, then switch to 32-bit floating point for extra precision during final rendering. Thismode allows you to take advantage of greater color range for more vivid colors, reduced gradient banding andposterization for smoother color transitions, linear light capability for optically correct compositing, and manyother precision enhancements.Comprehensive HDV SupportVegas Pro 10 software includes support for high-performance native HDV M2T playback, and 601/709 colorspace handling. Experience superior SD downconversion and frame-rate conversion including 24p, andprecision upconversion for HD-SDI mastering. Vegas Pro 10 software also has powerful no-recompresstechnology for faster render times.Interactive TutorialsVegas Pro 10 software has a comprehensive help system, as well as detailed interactive tutorials that providewalk-through demonstrations of common features and functionality. These tutorials provide an easystep-by-step method of learning the product and the workflow necessary to complete most common tasks.
6. 5.1 Surround EncoderOfficially tested and certified by Dolby Laboratories, Inc., this professional encoding software optimallyprepares AC-3 output for surround sound productions on DVD and Blu-ray Disc. Encode 5.1 multichannel orstereo mixes to AC-3 format inside Vegas Pro software.Customizable Transitions and EffectsVegas Pro 10 software includes over 190 video effects and 175 transitions--all fully customizable. Effectsinclude: Film Effects, Chroma Key, Timecode Overlays, Media Generators, Credit Rolls, Text Effects and more.Use transitions such as: Clock Wipe, Dissolves, and Page Peels.Advanced 3D Video CompositingCreate compelling 3D video and text effects, with control over Z-depth, plane intersection, compositing, andmore. 3D motion is real time and previewable via i.LINK connector/IEEE-1394 hardware to an external monitor.Box ContentsApplication DVD which includes: Vegas Pro 10.0 software, DVD Architect Pro 5.2 software, Dolby DigitalProfessional Encoder, over 30 DirectX audio plug-ins, over 300 transitions and effects, and online help.Read moreYou May Also Like101 Tips & Tricks for Sony Movie Studio - updated for Movie Studio 11Vegas Pro 10 Seminar SeriesVegas Pro 9 Editing WorkshopVegas Pro Production Assistant 2