What is YouTube ?
E- marketing Intro
Why YouTube ?
Dos and Donts
WHAT IS YOUTUBE ?
• YouTube is a video-sharing website, created by three former PayPal
February 2005 and owned by Google since late 2006, on which users can
view and share videos. The company is based in San Bruno, California, and
Adobe Flash Video and HTML 5 technology to display a wide variety of
Video content, including movie clips, TV clips, and music videos, as well as
content such as video blogging, short original videos, and educational
• URL: www.youtube.com
• YouTube accepts videos uploaded in most container formats, including
.AVI, .MKV, .MOV, .MP4, DivX, .FLV, and .ogg and .ogv. These include
video formats such as MPEG-4, MPEG, VOB, and .WMV. It also supports
3GP, allowing videos to be uploaded from mobile phones
Online advertising, also called Internet advertising,
the Internet to deliver promotional marketing
• email marketing
• search engine marketing
• social media marketing
• display advertising (including web banner advertising)
• mobile advertising
• Video marketing
• viral marketing
• news letter marketing
• The promotional use of video about your
products/services on a company website and
throughout other online distribution channels
such as YouTube, Vimeo, Daily Motion
• Video is a spectacular way to market on the
Internet, especially now that so many Internet
users have broadband access. More users are
able to view and download video. Video sharing
websites are more popular than ever.
WHY YOUTUBE ?
• More than 1 billion unique users visit YouTube each month
• Over 6 billion hours of video are watched each month on
YouTube—that's almost an hour for every person on Earth,
and 50% more than last year
• 100 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube every minute
• 70% of YouTube traffic comes from outside the US
• YouTube is localized in 56 countries and across 61
• According to Nielsen, YouTube reaches more US adults ages
18-34 than any cable network
• Millions of subscriptions happen each day, and the number
of people subscribing has more than doubled since last year
• Mobile makes up more than 25% of YouTube's global watch
time, more than one billion views a day
• YouTube is available on hundreds of millions of devices
• Create compelling videos.
• Create content that addresses your audience’s need
• Make your video findable.
• Brand your YouTube channel.
• Use annotations to build subscribers.
• Post a bulletin and alert your friends and subscribers.
• Use YouTube Ads.
• Leverage other social media platforms.
• Review YouTube Insights for more, um, insights
• Create a Youtube Account
• Create a You Tube Channel
• Create /Make compelling Videos
• Upload Videos
• Integrate Videos with Your company Website
• Market Online using Blogs ,social Media and other video
• Track the comments/Feedback
• Update the videos Regularly
DOS AND DON’TS
YouTube for Business: Do’s
- Share Quality Content
-Tag Your Videos
-Create Video Playlists
YouTube for Business: Don’ts
-Post For No Reason
-Submit A Low Quality Video