WHAT IS POST PRODUCTION?
• Post production is the process to edit, tweak, enhance and make sense of the film or the
WHY IS POST PRODUCTION IMPORTANT?
• Because it is the final stages of production, it is very important as it allows for final tweaks to
the production. Examples of editing, tweaks and finishing touches are putting footage in order in
Final Cut or other video editing software's, effects and transitions and using titles that can be
created in Motion. It is through using these effects, and good editing that gives the movie a
good and professional result.
POST PRODUCTION SKILLS USED IN MY MOVIE
In year 12 I learnt the basics of editing
• After gathering my footage, I used Final Cut to organise, trim and
enhance the footage. I learned how to use the blade tool to cut my
footage precisely. This was helpful with syncing the footage with the
beats of the music.
• I learnt how to use texts within the movie, for example, Boris Texts.
• I learnt how to use effects on footages.
• Final Cut allowed me to use transitions, for example I used
transitions like fade in/out.
• I used Motion to create sophisticated and professional looking titles.
• I used the pen tool to perfect the harmony between narration and
For my AS Media Studies, I learnt the basics of Final Cut, Motion, and other software's that
were used to create the film opening. For my A2 Media Studies, I hope to acquire more
advanced skills on these software's, for example for my second year, on Final Cut I will use
more sophisticated tools and effects, especially because it will be a music video, more cuts
and effect will be required. Also, for my coursework in year 13, I will have to use more
advanced editing, for example I may use the green screen and other effects software’s like
After effects to enhance the visuals of my music video. I may use motion to create titles for
the music video, if we do decide to use titles in the music video.
Also, I will use Photoshop and other image editing software's for my digipacks task. Because
this is a separate part to my coursework, I will have to be able to use the basics and more
professional skills to get the best mark for this task. I will use Youtube to watch tutorials on
Photoshop and possible effects that I may use for my digital media.