The Qur'an, at various places, says that Allah created the
heavens and the earth in "six days". The exact quotation
"The Originator of the heavens and the earth! When He
decreeth a thing, He saith unto it only: "Be!" And it is."
Give me the Arabic translation of “"Be!" And it is”, used as
the refrain in a recent song.
• Kun Faya Kun, from the upcoming movie
An interviewer once corrected Neil Gaiman that he
was X, not Y. Gaiman responded, “You meant it as a
compliment I suppose. But all of a sudden I felt like
someone who'd been informed that she wasn't
actually a hooker; that in fact she was a lady of the
What are X and Y?
• On the interviewer correcting him that he
wrote “graphic novels” not “comic-books”.
• Suraj Sharma as X
• Tabu as X's mother
• Adil Hussain as X's father
• Irrfan Khan as the adult X
• Gerard Depardieu as The Chief
• Tobey Maguire as The Interviewer
Partial cast of credits for which upcoming
• Pintel and Ragetti are two characters portrayed by
Lee Arenberg and Mackenzie Crook respectively.
• Regarding their characters fictional biographies,
the two actors have decided that Pintel is Ragetti’s
character’s uncle, who is in turn the son of a
• The two have featured in ads for VISA, Walmart
• Which movie(s) would you find them in?
• Authorized Sequels written by other
• The opening for
• Bonus point: What is
the name given to
this “genre” of
The piece is an example of
• For the 2007 television show X, a "quirky fairy
tale," ABC sought an ‘Y’ feel, with the same chords
of "whimsy and spirit and magic." The director
said ‘Y’ is his favorite film."All the things I love are
represented in that movie," he said. "It's a movie
that will make me cry based on kindness as
opposed to sadness." Because of this, The New
York Times' review of X reported "the ‘Y' influence
on X' is everywhere“. (Song’s from the soundtrack
• One review about the
album said “It's an unusual
step to release a remix
album based on a film
director's work, but the
endeavor actually works…”
• The lyrics for Track 5 were
written by a Chicago
Tribune columnist but have
been wrongly attributed to
Kurt Vonnegut. Name the
Identify the classic music video being referenced.
• “Subterranean Homesick Blues” – Bob
This trained opera singer’s name is Ellen McLain.
Which is the most well-known use of her voice?
• GladOS from the Portal games.
• The song is Still Alive, the end credit song
from the first Portal game.
• Walter, Peanut, José Jalapeño on a Stick,
Bubba J, Sweet Daddy Dee, Melvin the
Superhero Guy and Diane are some of the
characters he has played. He has been
credited with reviving his art form and
doing more to promote it than anyone since
• Who is this person and what is his most
famous “character” ?
• Jeff Dunham and ‘Achmed the Dead
• Disgruntled IMDB reviewers had this to say
about this recent release:
"Had more in common with the candy
bar than the book…
• Composed in 1936 by Samuel Barber, it became well
known when it was played at the commemorative
service after the death of FDR, and later it served the
same purpose after the deaths of Albert Einstein, JFK,
Princess Grace of Monaco, the 9/11 victims etc.
• This dirge-like piece was used in the films Lorenzo‘s
Oil, Platoon and The Elephant Man.
• The highest selling classical piece on iTunes, it is also
extremely popular in the electronic dance music
genre, notably in trance.
• The French word for 'truthful' is used to
describe this style of documentary film-
making, combining naturalistic
techniques with stylized cinematic devices
of editing and camerawork, staged set-
ups, and the use of the camera to provoke
subjects. Notable examples include the TV
series 'The Office‘, 'Parks and Recreation‘
and ‘Battlestar Galactica’.
• “The Seventh Sally", is a short story by Stanislaw
Lem, in which an engineer encounters a
deposed tyrant, and creates a miniature
metropolis with artificial citizens for the tyrant
• Someone was inspired by this to create the first
of a series that he is best known for.
• Another project of his, released in 2008,
garnered praise for it’s ability to rouse interest
in biology and evolution among students.
This Ennio Morricone tune from movie X was used in the
climax sequence of 2010 movie Y. Identify X and Y.
• X: For a Few Dollars More.
• Y: Kick Ass.
• “Life in London, or Days and Nights of
______ Hawthorne and his elegant friend
Corinthian ______” was a journal started in
1823 by Pierce Egan. The name soon gave
rise to a commonplace phrase for
youngsters indulging in riotous behavior in
• The phrase is known to us because of its
association with two anthropomorphic
characters. Which phrase?
Name the actress and the movie (which had Shah Rukh Khan
in a bit role) for full points.
• In Which Annie Gives It Those Ones,
written by Arundhati Roy.
________ was a Canadian children's television series
based on a popular magazine.
It is notable for starting the career of Elisha Cuthbert. It
had segments like:
Rewind and Fast Forward
• Ken Kesey, the famous author (One Flew
Over The Cuckoo's Nest) was a proponent
of LSD, and organised massive gatherings
where LSD was distributed, called "Acid
Tests". The man who prepared the LSD,
Owsley Stanley happened to be the
travelling sound engineer for a band which
became the de facto in-house band for
Kesey's parties. Identify the band.
• This remix of the official Nokia tune has
been selected from among thousands of
entries, to be the new Voice of Nokia. What
electronic subgenre does this remix fall
under? Derived from a Reggae variant, it is
defined by Wikipedia as “tightly coiled
productions with overwhelming bass lines
and reverberant drum patterns, clipped
samples, and occasional vocals”
• Though she did appear in a few notable
Bollywood films towards the late 70’s and 80’s,
she is perhaps better known as an activist. In
recent years, she has made a comeback of
sorts, appearing opposite Dharmendra in two
movies, the more recent of them being the
Deol family O.D. “Yamla Pagla Deewana”. She
was the Chairperson of the Children’s Film
Society, India, from 2005-2008, before
handing over the reins to Nandita Das, the
His nickname refers to the fact that he is a foreign
exchange student. Hadji, Anwar, Sabu, Ali Baba,
Ahmed, Stalin, Tutankhamen are other names he has
Who is the person in question?
• He was introduced in 1983 to counter the
popularity of Detective Moochwala, who appeared
in Target magazine. Subba Rao proposed the idea
behind the character and his name, basing him on
a boastful yet cowardly character in the I Love
Lucy TV series. Some co-workers had reservations
about the prefix that Subba Rao introduced to the
name, even though it sounded catchy, but they
got the go-ahead once it was made clear that he
would never shoot or kill in any of the episodes.
• Under the Mistletoe is the
upcoming holiday album and second studio
album by artist _______________. It has
been reported that the album contains
collaborations with Usher, as well as a duet
with Mariah Carey. Which artist are we