2. S/w Project Closure • Project Closure involves releasing the final deliverables to the customer • Handing over project documentation to the business • Terminating supplier contracts, • Releasing project resources • Communicating project closure to all stakeholdershttp://www.radiantminds.co.in
3. S/w Project Closure • Undertake a Post Implementation Review to identify the level of project success and note any lessons learned for future projects Completion of project deliverables and transfer responsibility - software and documentation Cleanup of the IT environment - test, development, traininghttp://www.radiantminds.co.in
4. Marketing nominal path Writte n MR’s Proposed Customer Maintenance manager M. R.’s Help desk Approved M. R.’s Maintenance Current source Change control board engineer & documentation Modified source Rejected & documentation MR’sAdapted from Software Engineering: An Object-Oriented Perspective by Eric J. Braude (Wiley 2001), with permission. Graphics reproduced with permission from Corel.
5. S/w Project Closure Knowledge transfer to support team - design and function, maintenance tasks and making changes Tools and techniques for support team maintenance jobs Transition of ownership of training materials to support team Formal closure of project - release all resources, close project budget, final reporthttp://www.radiantminds.co.in
6. S/w Project Closure - Checklist • Is delivered S/w meeting original requirements ? • Have +ve as well as –ve lessons learnt captured and shared ? • Was feedback received from various stakeholders been captured? • Has DB, Code, Documentations been deposited in repository ?http://www.radiantminds.co.in
7. S/w Project Closure - Checklist • Have all project staff been released or re- allocated ? • Is PMO been updated ? • Are all staff employees files been updated ? • Have all invoices and financial obligations been resolved? • Have all assets been transferred or disposed?http://www.radiantminds.co.in
8. S/w Project Closure - Checklist • Has contract (legal) office been notified ? • Is maintenance team have all required access ? • Is formal project closure meeting held ?http://www.radiantminds.co.in