Trimester 3 Basketball Review
Send up a person from your team
If you know the answer grab the ball
1 point for a correct answer and a chance for a
bonus point for getting the ball through the
hoop from the line!
Name one way a large volcanic eruption could
affect one of the spheres
• Geosphere – creates new land, ash adds nutrients
• Hydrosphere – ash gets into waterways and
sediment builds up, gases get incorporated into
water cycle causing acid rain
• Atmosphere – gases and ash are transported long
distances by wind, temperatures may cool as
some gases cause the deflection of sunlight
• Biosphere – living things are destroyed by many
of the hazards, food chains are disrupted
Which type of boundary is responsible for the
volcanoes in Hawaii?
• Hawaii is not on a boundary but is the result
of a hot spot.
What was most likely the cause of the events in
• This tsunami was most likely caused by a large
earthquake under water
What type of metamorphic rock has mineral
bands aligned in layers as pictured below?