2. What is social networking?
• Social networking sites generally have 2 primary components:
• User profile
• Network of friends
• A user profile consists of the name or username and a detailed list of a
users personal information and preferences, plus photographs, music
• The friends network is the real key to social networking sites as it
differentiates these sites from blogs and personal websites.
• ‘Friending’ someone on a social networking site is not the same as being a
persons actual friend in reality. They can be personal friends, co-workers,
or celebrities such as musicians.
3. Social networking in plain
Watch this short video on social networking produced by
the Common Craft Show.
(This video can also be found at Blip.tv and TeacherTube.)