Web 2.0 Program Week 1 BlogsPresentation Transcript
What is a blog?
• Blogs are websites in which entries known as posts are displayed in reverse
• A blog can be created by anyone as no knowledge of hypertext mark-up
language (HTML) is needed.
• This means that there are a diverse range of blogs on different topics from
professional companies or organisations such as new sites like ABC to the
average person who wants to share family news.
• Blogs allow people to disseminate and share information quickly and easily.
• For instance information that is generally potentially takes months to publish in
an academic journal can be shared with peers within days of completing a
Blogs in plain english
Watch this short video on blogs produced by the
Common Craft Show.
(This video can also be found at Blip.tv and TeacherTube.)