A Lesson Plan for
Contemporary Family Life
By:Rachel S. Samson
At the end of the lesson, the students will be able to:
1. Determine the principal cause and effect of early
2. Strengthen the value of self- discipline; and (A)
3. Cite ways to avoid Early Marriage. (B)
Topic: Early Marriage
Value to be developed: Personal Discipline
Visual Aid , Card , Activity Sheet, Marker
Video Clip , Laptop, Speaker
Marrying Young: Transitions in the Filipino
Adolescents’ Life Course
Socorro A. Gultiano
Health Community – Early Marriage Problems
FACT SHEET: Child Marriage – Girl Up
III. Motivational Activity (Values Clarification
The teacher will give a paper where the students will write
what they want for their wedding day, their perspective
about marriage and their dreams about getting married.
1. How do you feel after
doing the activity? (A)
2. What are your reasons
for getting married? (C/A)
3. At what age do you
prefer to get married and
IV. Main Activity: (Inculcation – Music Video Clip)
The teacher will let the students watch a video clip entitled: Di Madaling
Mag-asawa by Gensan. This video clip is about early marriage and the
possible effect of having family at a very young age.
Processing Questions: (Values Clarification)
1. What is the message of the song? (C)
2. Did you agree with the message of the video clip? Why? (C)
3. Have you ever imagine or think to be married at early age? (B)
4. At your age, are you ready to get married and have your own
family? Why? Why not(A/B)
5. What do you think are the reasons of Early Marriage? (A/C)
6. What do you think will be the effect Early Marriage? (C)
V. Abstraction: (Inculcation)
Definition of Early/Teenage Marriage
Cause and Effect of Early/Teenage Marriage
Defined as a formal marriage or informal union before age 18, is a
reality for both boys and girls, although girls are disproportionately the
CAUSE OF EARL MARRIAGE:
1. Early pregnancy
Having intercourse without any protection because of they’re too
young and lack of information
Too early sexual involvement often leads to WASTED lives.
W eak self-image
A dolescent or teenage pregnancy
S exually transmitted infections
T een marriage
E motional wounds
D isrupted goals
EFFECT OF EARLY MARRIAGE
1. Psychological and emotional stress
Forced sexual relations
2. Denial of personal development and education
Denial of freedom and personal development as household chores
now become a priority.
3. Health problems
Pregnancy(marital stage) and childbirth (health problems in fetus)
4. Vulnerable and submissive, subject of domestic violence
Subject to the atrocities of domestic violence and abandonment.
2. False Expectation
Search for security, protection better life and confidence which they
think will be on marriage.
3. Hasty Marriage
First romantic relationship, first sexual intercourse
The teacher will give a sheet of paper where the students
write their learning about Early Marriage using Traffic
STOP – Things I have to stop that may lead
me to early marriage
WAIT– Things I have to think and consider
that so I will not be WASTED
GO– Things I should continue to avoid early
Directions: Identify whether the statement is true or false.
Draw a heart if the statement is true and broken heart if false.
1. It’s fine to get married at early age as long as you love your partner.
2. Many teenagers get married at young age because they assume
marriage can make them have a better life.
3. Some teenagers get married for reason of first romantic love and first
4. The principal reason of getting married at young age is early
5. Health problems is not a problem in early marriage
6. Many girls are subject of domestic violence in early marriage.
7. Denial of personal development and education is fine in marriage.
8. Teen marriage has nothing to do with economic and status
development of individual.
9. It’s good to get married at young age for you will be ready in your
10. In teen age year, sexual involvement often leads to WASTED lives.
1. Why we need to get prepared before taking the
responsibility of marriage life?
2. What do you think are the ways to avoid early marriage?
VIII. Closing Activity:
The students will put a ribbon on their pinky finger and read a promise
that they will be more responsible enough for themselves and never
take marriage as a past time or joke time activity.
“I (your name) promise to myself that I am not ready to have
someone in my life right now. I need to figure out my own internal
workings before I can be with someone else whole heartedly. I need
to be okay with my own emotions, my own loneliness, and own them
in the best way that I can. I will begin my life being conscious and
aware with self- assurance separate from ego and find place balance
and centering in my emotional, physical, mental and spiritual well-
being. I (your name) and this is my promise to myself. “-
Find some articles about early marriage Print/Put it on a short band
¿Le ha llamado la atención una diapositiva en particular?
Recortar diapositivas es una manera útil de recopilar información importante para consultarla más tarde.