Review with flashcards on Quizlet:
Fashion Design Flash Cards
Promote your Program with an Animoto
• Use Social Media to increase enrollment and help recruit
and retain students
Extra Resources: Technology for
the FACS Ed Classroom
•Your first “LiveBinder”
•“Live Binder It” tab for your browser!
•Sample Live Binders:
Use Bubbl.us to Create a Diagram for Healthy
Eating, or any other related content!
Create a Graphic Organizer for the unit:
• http://www.zunal.com/webquest.php?w=107898 Note:
This webquest could be used as an alternative for some
Tips for using the Online Scavenger Hunt or
• Reserve C.O.W. or computer lab.
• Check to make sure the websites are not
blocked when logged in as a student
• Check with your technology department and
administrators. Be prepared and have a
backup for issues such as- slow or no
internet connection, broken computer, etc.
• Set up rules, guidelines, and expectations
prior to computer lab day.
How Do You Know that They Know?
Managing and Monitoring Student
There are many online resources for assessing student
learning. The following slides will provide some ideas that you
may choose to use in teaching any given unit.
Reviewing for End-of-Program
Assessments with Students:
1. Choose a country to research.
2. Create a glog of the cuisine that is typical to your country..
3. Use a food image to represent each item.
4. Link each food image to the corresponding recipe online.
5. Create a menu of a typical diet. Include additional information as to
when the food is eaten, etiquette, etc.
6. Example Project
7. Prepare a sample dish for the class and serve the food in the same
manner as to how it would be served in it’s homeland.
8. Be prepared to share your glogster with the class and explain your
• Online Cooking School
• Excellent for making up missed labs!
• Prepares students for end-of-program assessments
• Link to Rouxbe: http://rouxbe.com/
• Replace short demos w/out setup and costs