1. Amuse BoucheObtain a copy of the PBA recipe.Read the recipe and circle each food preparation term.Next, place a star beside each ingredient mentioned in the instructions.Locate abbreviations and then write the term for each abbreviation in the left hand margin.Be prepared to discuss your responses.
2. Objectives:0 Students will be able to: 0 Explain the what, why, and how of the performance based assessment. 0 Define terminology used in the PBA recipe and instructions. 0 Analyze images and determine what students are doing correctly or incorrectly. 0 Analyze plating designs and give recommendations. 0 Create a time plan.
4. Overview of PBA:0What is it?0Why?0How does it work?0When will it take place?
5. What are Performance Based Assessments?Technical assessments based on industryand nationally recognized standards thatdocument student performance and skill level
6. Why PBA?0 Traditional multiple choice assessments do not provide an adequate picture of the skills gained through CTE programs, Performance Based assessments allow students to demonstrate the standards obtained.
7. Skills Assessed:0 Safety and Sanitation0 Professionalism0 Time Management0 Skill Level0 Knife Cuts0 Food Prep & Cooking Skills0 Presentation
8. PBA Video Clip0 While viewing the video, take notes on tips to remember for the Performance Based Assessments.0 Be prepared to share.
9. Plan ahead- Practice, create a time plan, review the reminders and tips handout Practice Practice Practice! Self-evaluate and Peer-evaluate
10. Avoid Pitfalls… View the Following Images. What are students doingcorrectly? Do you notice any mistakes?
11. Appointment Calendar0Make appointments with classmates on the two oclock, four oclock, six oclock, eight oclock, ten oclock and 12 oclock slots.
12. Review PBA Recipe0Ingredients0Terminology0Food preparation and cooking skills required for PBA0Final Product
13. How to Concasse a Tomato0 http://rouxbe.com/tips-techniques/5070 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-dOd56WriI
14. How to Butterfly a Chicken0 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ot46Cueod4s
15. Create a Time Plan0What needs to be done?0Create a time plan and be able to justify the order of tasks that you create.0Be prepared to discuss.
16. Closure: Parking Lot What questions or concerns do youhave regarding the Performance BasedAssessment?Write your responses on a sticky noteand place in parking lot.