1. How ToAdd a Word Shortcut for the § Symbol (For laptop users) RWU Law Library October 2012
2. Start by selecting Insert from the Word ribbon.
3. Next, select Symbol and then More Symbols.
4. Select the Special Characters tab.
5. Select Section from the special characters.
6. Click on the Shortcut Key button.
7. On your keyboard, hold the Alt key and type the letter s twice.
8. Note that your shortcut key is nowinserted. Click on the Assign button to save this.
9. The shortcut has now been saved asthe keyboard sequence. Click Close to finish.
10. You’re all set.• Now simply hold the Alt key and press the letter s twice to insert the § symbol into your documents.• This shortcut is now saved for Word on this computer.• Remember: this tip is for laptop users. If you have a full featured keyboard with a numeric keypad, you can use the preprogrammed Alt, 2, 1 combination to insert the § symbol!