1. TECHNOLOGYRachel Seo, Seung Ah Lee, Jin Kim F Block
2. social network communication globalization stability control What is the role of technology in daily life? science
3. 1. the branch of knowledge that deals with the creation and use oftechnical means and their interrelation with life, society, and theenvironment, drawing upon such subjects as industrial arts,engineering, applied science, and pure science.2. the terminology of an art, science, etc.; technical nomenclature.3. a technological process, invention, method, or the like.
4. “For in nature it takes thirty years for two hundred eggs to reachmaturity. But our business is to stabilize the population at this moment, here and now” (Huxley 8).
5. CONTROL “And if ever, by some unlucky chance, anything unpleasant should somehow happen, why, there’s always soma to give you a holiday from the facts” (Huxley 237-238).
6. GlobalizationEntertainment Information Communication “It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity.” (Albert Einstein)
7. “Increasingly, if youre not plugged into a social network, you feel out of the loop” (Jarvis).
8. Escape from the real world...
9. Works Cited"Negative Impact of Social Networking Websites at Work - Oprah.com." Oprah Winfreys Ofﬁcial Website - Live Your Best Life - Oprah.com. Web. 29 May 2011. <http://www.oprah.com/relationships/Negative-Impact-of-Social-Networking-Websites-at-Work>.This is a reliable source because it’s an article written by a journalist, instead of some teenaged blogger, and we can all agree what the author is tryingto say about social networking.http://www.ﬂickr.com/photos/aud1073ch/34438156/sizes/l/in/photostream/http://www.quoteworld.org/category/technology/author/albert-einsteinhttp://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/facebook-is-more-addictive-than-sex-and-cigarettes/http://www.alibaba.com/product-free/115868230/SOMA_MEDICINAL_PILLS.htmlhttp://www.nebcathcon.org/cloning2.jpg
10. Technology Seung Ah Lee English 10 F
11. To what extent istechnology a distraction from real life?
12. “Whereas, if they could discover a technique for shortening the period of maturation what a triumph, what a benefaction to Society” (Huxley 14).
13. “And of coursethey don’t know anything about Malthusian Drill, or bottle, or decanting, or anything of that sort. It’s too revolting” (122).
14. “These technological wonders have made instant communication a way of life, but all this clicking and tapping is sucking up the precious spare minutes of free time that we have each day -- and some we dont” (example )
15. The average workerwastes 2.5 hours a week looking fordocuments he has misplaced inpoorly organized electronic ﬁles.(example)
16. We should suffer acutely if we wereconﬁned in a narrower space (223)
17. “Technology is certainly a great invention that has caused rapid progress in society, but sometimes you have to wonder how much is too much. Too much of anything cant be good” (example)
18. Work Cited http://www.ﬂickr.com/photos/taffe_frauen_netzwerk/5579110487/sizes/m/in/photostream/ http://www.ﬂickr.com/photos/dickboot/5640014049/sizes/m/in/photostream/ http://www.ﬂickr.com/photos/cbellphoto/3059635804/sizes/m/in/photostream/ http://www.ﬂickr.com/photos/lisamac/213744007/sizes/m/in/photostream/ http://www.ﬂickr.com/photos/jmuscat64/5740422008/sizes/m/in/photostream/ http://www.ﬂickr.com/photos/doc_albores/4541874456/sizes/m/in/photostream/ Mir, Aatekah. "How Distracting Is Technology?" The Wall Street Journal . N.p., n.d. Web. 31 May 2011. <http://blogs.wsj.com/digits/2011/05/18/how-distracting-is-technology/>.Sanders, Alex. "Too Much Technology Can Be Harmful." The Daily Campus. N.p., n.d. Web. 31 May 2011. <http://www.dailycampus.com/2.7438/too-much-technology-can-be-harmful-1.1055132>.
19. Who should Control human reproduction? Jin Kim 10F
20. Introduction Text Autonomous “Rolling as she walked, with what was meant to be a voluptuous undulation.” (Chp . 10 - Pg. 150)
21. World State“"Bokanovskys Process is one of the major instruments ofsocial stability!” (Chp. 1 - Pg. 7)
23. ConclusionMore government involvement“Community, Identity, Stability.” (Chp. 1- Pg. 1)
24. Works Citedhttp://media.broowaha.com/images/article/4863.jpghttp://www.ﬂickr.com/photos/tonyhughesdesigncom/4821520114/#/http://www.shmoop.com/brave-new-world/power-quotes.htmlhttp://search.creativecommons.org/?http://www.time.com/time/health/article/0,8599,195081,00.htmlq=controlled%20reproductionhttp://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1912861,00.htmlhttp://farm3.static.ﬂickr.com/2228/2253369293_3e100403a6.jpg