15. • the way the story is being told1.First-person2.Second-person3.Third-personPOINT OF VIEW
16. What do you
17. How do you choose a book?
18. Review forJUMANJI“Jumanji” is an award- winning bookby Chris Van Allsburg.In this story, two children, Peter andJudy, discover a strange looking boardgame and they soon realize that thisboard game is more dangerous thenthey thought. “Jumanji” is clearly oneof the most inventive and intense bookthat will surely make you read it for along time.I would highly recommend this bookto anyone who loves adventure andexcitement in a children’s book.
19. BOOK TALKAn Oral Book Presentation
20. GUIDELINESWhen: November 23Where: Multi-function Room• You are given 2 minutesto deliver an oralpresentation of the book youhave read.• You have to bring yourbook and your readingproject.
21. STRUCTURE FOR YOUR BOOKREVIEWINTRODUCTION• Includes general informationabout your book• Begin with the title, authorand date of publication• Show the cover of the book todemonstrate the book’s length,size and appearance(2-3 sentences)
22. STRUCTURE FOR YOUR BOOKREVIEWBODY• Describe the elements ofthe story (setting,characters, summary of the plot)• Present your reading project(10-12 sentences)
23. Story ChartTitleSettingCharactersBeginningMiddleEnd
24. STRUCTURE FOR YOUR BOOKREVIEWCONCLUSION• Rate the story (1-10)• Tell what you thought of thebook• Read an exciting & interestingpassage or mention onememorable aspect of thebook.(3-5 sentences)