1. Health and Fitness Industry The health and fitness industry is very well placed to takeadvantage of the opportunities and benefits available to themthrough online marketing. The industry is hugely competitive Different brands of food supplements, fitness products and gymmemberships all battling for the same health conscious audience. Health and fitness is a community driven practice. People seek the support and advice of others when starting out on ahealth or fitness regime. This is where several aspects of onlinemarketing, in particular social media, can be hugely beneficial. Online marketing can allow health and fitness organisations tobetter target new customers and communicate and interact withtheir current customer base.
2. The Power of Social Media Social media fits perfectly with the health and fitnesscommunity. Often a supportive and collaborative effort, those involved in thehealth and fitness industry are keen to share in their achievementsand challenges. The leading health centred social network site is Cafewell.com. There, members can track their progress on fitness regimes anddiets or get advice, information and help on various healthconditions and medical concerns. Social media is an excellent means to better reach those involvedand interested in health and fitness. The support and encouragement people are able to receive throughthese channels is invaluable. Providing social media communitieson your healthcare site allows customers to better connect with theorganisation and other customers on a variety of health issues.
3. The Power of Reviews Linked to the power of social media and the community cultureinherent within the health and fitness industry is the growth inimportance of reviews. Whether it is a new gym, fitness class, food brand or healthsupplement, more and more people than ever before are seekingthe advice and opinions of others in the form of online reviews. With customers seeking the thoughts of others, it is importantthat your organisation has a significant presence within thesereview sites and communities and that you maintain a positivereputation. If customers are looking at a significant financial investmentthey seek reassurances from elsewhere. Be sure and encourage positive feedback from satisfiedcustomers to maintain a positive rating across the online world.
4. The Power of Images The online world loves pictures – and the health andfitness industry suits the growth in online imageryperfectly. Sites like Pinterest and Instagram have led to significantopportunities for online brand promotion through imagery. Sharing interesting and valuable pictures can lead tosignificant brand exposure from a growing online audience. Everything from new fitness workouts to weight loss resultsand healthy diet ideas can be promoted and shared online
5. Summary Given the community and shared nature of the health and fitness industry,online marketing can work very well in boosting the visibility of your brandamongst a targeted group of people. Those searching for, buying and using health and fitness products regularlyseek the support and advice of others for mutual encouragement andconfidence boosting. Online marketing and social media in particular, is the perfect platform forallowing these relationships between customers and brands to develop andfoster. Customers can share information, advice, pictures and videos in a safe onlineenvironment at a very low cost to the organisation. Television and print advertisements can be very costly and offer nothing likethe levels of interaction and engagement available through online marketing. Promoting your product online allows for greater relationships to be built withyour customer base. This ensures issues and problems are kept to a minimum, consumers arehappier and more likely to share in promoting your product to their friends andfamily via word of mouth, further broadening your brand awareness and reach.