Research Instruments - Pipette Challenge Competition Protocol
You can use either an Integra 3™ or a Integra Ti™ Micromanipulator for this challenge
• Place RI pipettes (1 x Injection and 1 x holding) in
their closed Twista-Pak™ on the relative side of the
• Micropipette holder’s (MPH) are to be placed in their
holders in the secure position. They should be in the
“up” location and clicked in the detent.
• Place an empty Petri dish with a scratch in field of
view but a little bit out of focus.
• Have a 4x objective without spacer in place.
To have the holding and injection pipettes centred in position on the screen and with the tips in focus.
1. Start the stopwatch
2. Remove holding pipette from Twista-Pak™
3. Remove MPH by winding it back with the axial drive until the “bald” part allows it to be withdrawn
easily. Toolholder can either be swung forwards or can remain in position
4. Loosen MPH tip and carefully put pipette in
5. Secure and replace MPH securely in the toolholder
6. Focus the microscope on the scratch
7. Change to the 4x objective WITH spacer
8. Drive the MPHs forward with the black axial drive until they are on the screen
9. Rotate the MPH until pipette tip is horizontal
10. Focus the pipette tip using the red Fine Control Levers
11. Change back to the 4x objective WITHOUT spacer
12. Lower the pipettes carefully and centre using the silver coarse control levers
13. Fine-tune the focus on the pipette tips using the red fine control levers
14. Stop the clock