• O Muslims say to them, “We believe inAllah and the Guidance which has beensent down to us and which was sent toAbraham, Ismail, Isaac and Jacob and hisdescendants and which was given by theirLord to Moses and Jesus and to otherProphets. We do not discriminate againstany of them and we have completelysurrendered to Allah as Muslims.” Then ifthe believe the way you have believed,they have the right guidance.
•• As a matter of fact, it is the great favour ofAllah to the Believers that He has raisedup in their midst from among themselves aMessenger who recites to them HisRevelations, purifies their lives andteaches them the Book and Wisdom,though before this these very people had
Islam: A Movement• Its Ideology• Its Leaders• The only role-models for this kind ofmovement• The difficulty• The scarcity of information about oldenprophets
• The difficulty• The scarcity of information about oldenprophets• The sayings of Jesus in New Testament• The only source of clear and completeguidance• Complete and authentic details, from theearly stages to the establishment of IslamicState and its form, constitution, interiorand exterior policy,
Why Seerah• Ship and its commandant• Historical examples of• Hindus (they lost the seerah of theirprophets first)• Where they ended• Christians (they ignored the book first)• Where they ended
• And, O Prophet, remind the people of the time,when your lord brought forth from the loins ofthe Children of Adam, their descendants andmade them bear witness about themselves. Heasked them, “Am I not your lord?” Theyreplied, “Most certainly, Thou alone art ourLord; we bear witness to this.” This we did lestyou should say on the Day of Resurrection,“We were unaware of this thing,” or lest youshould say, “our forefathers started the practiceof shirk before us and we were born after themto their descendants: dost Thou, then, punish usfor the sin that was committed by the wrongdoers?”
•• Allah has taken upon himself to show theRight Way, when there exist crooked waystoo. He would have guided all of youaright, if He had so willed.
The ArgumentI. Many divergent ways of thought and actionare open for man to choose fromII. Obviously, all these divergent ways cannotbe straight, because there can be only onereality. Brief Explanation of the Concept of Reality Brief Explanation of Straight Way The importance of Aqaaid/Tenets of Faith,because they are the expression of the onlyreality, the only right theory, and the only rightway based on the reality and right theory.
The ArgumentIII. Therefore, there can be only one righttheory of life which is based on the reality.IV.Therefore, there can be only one right waywhich is based on the right theory of lifeand which is based on the reality.V. The knowledge and the choice of the righttheory and the right way is the mostimportant need of man.Rather this is the most basic and real needof man.
The ArgumentVI.This is because all other things fulfill hisneeds as a higher level animal onlyVII.But this is the greatest necessity of his lifeas human being and without its fulfillmenthis life would be an utter failure.VIII.The real human need
The ArgumentIX.Now, it cannot be expected that AllahWho made so many provisions, and onsuch a large scale, for the fulfillment of theanimal life of man, did not make anyarrangement for the fulfillment of this realand greatest necessity of manX. Just as He has provided for all thenecessities of his life, so he has alsoprovided, so he has also provided for thisgreatest need of his through Prophethood
The ArgumentXI.If Prophethood is denied then it should bepointed out in what way Allah has fulfilledthis basic need of man.XII.Experience of centuries has shown thatmankind has always blundered wheneverit has chosen a way of life by itself.
The ArgumentXIII.Reason, intellect, faculties They have suggested many divergent ways,and this is the proof of their failure. They are limited and cannot be depended forthe choice of the right way of life. They chase the goal, very rarely set it. These goals are set by either personalprejudice, bias, whim, fancy, caprice, or byrevelation. In pursuing the goal it has always fell prey totemptation and has almost always violated theprinciples of ethics and morality, i.e. theprinciples of humanity
The ArgumentXIV. One cannot say that Allah has made noarrangement for this basic need of man,for this will be the greatest misconceptionof Allah that He may make most elaborate arrangementsfor man’s animal life But he should leave man in the lurch to tosearch out a way for himself for thefulfillment of this most important and basicneed
•• Allah has taken upon himself to show theRight Way, when their exist crooked waystoo. He would have guided all of youaright, if He had so willed.
• Why didn’t Allah will to guide all thepeople aright inherently when He hadtaken upon Himself to show the RightWay?
• It is true that Allah could have imbuedman, like other creatures, with the inborninstinct and enabled him to choose theRight Way without conscious thought,experience or teaching.• But this would have been against His willwhich was to create a being, having willand power and freedom to follow theRight Way or the wrong way whichever hechose for himself
• This is why man has been endowed withdifferent means of knowledge and powersof conscious thought, deliberation andwill, and has been empowered with theauthority to make use of all powers in himand all things around him.
• Moreover, He has placed in him and allaround him such factors as might lead himto guidance or deviation.• All these things would have becomemeaningless, had he been createdrighteous by birth, and he could neverhave attained the heights of progress,which can be achieved only by the rightuse of freedom.
• That is why Allah has chosen Prophethoodfor man’s guidance, and left him free tofollow or reject a Prophet.• This a test by means of which Allahjudges whether Man accepts the guidancethat is presented to him in a rational way.
•• Moses replied: “Our Lord is He Who hasgiven distinct form to everything and thenguided it aright.