2. About RESRES is a leading provider of Fire Protection Engineer services forbusinesses in the South of England. With over 27 years of experience inthe Fire Protection Industry, RES are well placed to assist with all formsof Fire Risk, Fire Safety and Fire Protection Services.We pride ourselves on giving outstanding customer service anddelivering the highest quality of workmanship at all times. Established 1985 Located in Reading, Berkshire BS EN ISO 9001:2000 registered FIA Accredited
3. Services at a glanceWe cover: Fire Extinguishers Fire Safety Training Fire Safety Signage Fire Alarms Emergency Lighting Extinguishing Systems Dry Risers Fire Hydrants Fire Risk Assessments Fire Doors Fire Safety Equipment
4. Fire ExtinguishersRES provides a comprehensive range of new fire extinguishersand fire extinguisher accessories to meet all your requirements All new fire extinguishers are manufactured to European Standard EN3 Guaranteed for five years by the manufacturerRES specialises in the service of portable fire extinguishers, hosereels, trolley units and fire All work certified by our BAFE registered techniciansAll makes and types of fire extinguishers can be refilled at yourpremises or at our workshop by our trained engineers and fullyequipped service vans.We can provide the short-term hire of fire extinguishers and standsfor up to six months for most types of fire extinguisher.
5. Fire Safety TrainingWe offer basic training on your premises’ relevant fireextinguishers, by way of a talk and demonstration of eachpiece of equipment in a suitable location outside.RES provide a selection of tailored training courses to coverall aspects of Fire safety trainingWe offer: Fire Marshall Courses Fire Safety Awareness Courses Fire Safety Hands On Awareness Courses Staff Training DemonstrationsFire safety training for staff is a requirement in the UK under theFire Safety Order 2005.
6. Fire Safety SignageRES provide an extensive range of JALITE fire safety signs and fire safetysignage solutions that are designed to conform to British and InternationalStandards. We are an authorised distributor of Jalite signs.All fire safety signs can be advised on, supplied and installed to meet currentlegislation. Your building’s fire signage can be assessed during your annualservice visit or by our dedicated Fire Safety Signage Engineer.We can provide: Exit Sign Luminaries Photoluminescent fire safety signs Health and safety signs Fire Fighting Equipment signage
7. Fire AlarmsOur in house engineers provide a complete fire alarmservice from fire alarm design, installation, commissioningand maintenance of fire detection and fire alarm systemsto British Standard 5839 Part 1 and Part 6 (Dwellings).An appropriate FD&A (Fire Detection and Alarm) systemwill warn everyone in the building at the earliestopportunity so that they can exit the building or follow otherinstructions that are issued, and to also alert the FireBrigade to allow early intervention.Additional works ensuring the compliance of systems, firealarm checks, fault finding and training are also specialistareas our experienced and skilled engineers undertake.
8. Emergency LightingEmergency lighting is essential for the safetyof building occupants where a sudden loss of lightwould prevent safe passage from the premises.The Regulatory Reform Fire Safety Order 2005 statesthat all types of premises except individual dwellings must: Adequately illuminate designated escape routes Provide sufficient illumination in other areas to allow safe movement towards and through escape routes Ensure that all fire alarm call points, fire fighting equipment and other safety equipment can be readily located and used Provide sufficient light to enable proper shut down procedures to be carried out in dangerous or high risk areasOur engineers provide a complete service from design, installation,commissioning and maintenance of emergency lighting systems
9. Extinguishing SystemsRES can organise and co-ordinate servicing,maintenance, refilling, design and installation of all typesof fixed fire-fighting systems permanently installed inbuildings for the purpose of controlling, suppressing orextinguishing fires, by either automatic or manualdischarge of a fire extinguishing medium.We can provide: Gaseous Fixed Fire Extinguishing Systems Other Fixed Fire Extinguishing Systems
10. Dry Riser & Hydrant TestingWe provide the Inspection and testing of dry risers and privateunderground fire hydrants to BS9990: 2006 to ensure the systemsand associated equipment are in satisfactory condition and readyfor immediate use at all times. Dry Risers RES undertakes all aspects of the Dry Riser servicing and maintenance works to British Standards using our own competent engineers and Dry Riser testing appliances. Hydrant Testing RES can undertake all aspects of Fire Hydrant and associated equipment (brigade fittings, flat lay hoses etc) servicing and maintenance works to British Standards using our own competent engineers and Fire Hydrant testing equipment.
11. Fire DoorsEffective fire-resisting doors are vital to ensureoccupants are able to evacuate to a safe place.Correctly specified and installed doors will hold back fireand smoke, preventing escape routes becomingunusable as well as preventing the spread of fire.Our team of engineers can install and maintain a varietyof fire doors to meet your requirements.
12. Fire Risk AssessmentsFire Risk Assessments and FRAreviews carried out to the requirementsof the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety)Order 2005, effective from 1st October2006 by our in-house qualified andcompetent person. Identify the hazards.We offer: Fire risk assessments Fire safety training Fire safety reviews and audits Fire safety for businesses Company Fire Plans Advice
13. Contact www.extinguishers.co.uk firstname.lastname@example.org Twitter @RES_FIRE Linked in