3- Which countries currently have RBF
• Burkina Faso, Cameroon, the Democratic
Republic of Congo, Lao PDR, Zimbabwe
• Argentina, Armenia, Burundi, Rwanda, Sierra
• Benin, the Republic of Congo, Nigeria,
4- Which countries are starting or implementing
demand side RBF programs, particularly
vouchers and CCTs?
• Argentina, Brazil, Sierra Leone, Tajikistan,
• Afghanistan, Armenia, Burkina Faso, Kyrgyz
• Kenya, Lao PDR, Pakistan, Senegal, Zimbabwe
• Benin, the Democratic Republic of Congo,
Djibouti, Liberia, Tanzania
5- Which countries are planning or implementing RBF
programs that provide incentives to the overall
community or community (health) agents?
• Afghanistan, Benin, Brazil, Nigeria, Pakistan,
• Burundi, Cameroon, the Gambia, Haiti, India,
the Republic of Congo, Rwanda
• Burkina Faso, Djibouti, Liberia, Kenya, Lesotho,
6- Which country is paying incentives to
family health teams in their RBF program?
7- Which countries are paying MOSTLY
for quality in hospitals (with little or
none for quantity) in their RBF design?
• Afghanistan, Ghana
• Armenia, India
• Kyrgyz Republic, Liberia
• Pakistan, Senegal
• Tajikistan, Nigeria
8- Which country is paying for additional
services in their RBF program?
9- Which country will implement RBF
almost entirely in an urban setting?
Questions on RBF impact evaluations
I have a
10- Which countries have completed an impact
evaluation and are using the results to inform
the subsequent RBF program design?
• Argentina, the Democratic Republic of Congo,
• Armenia, Nigeria, Zimbabwe
• Benin, the Republic of Congo, Kenya
11- Which countries will evaluate the performance of
health facilities under PBF in comparison to facilities
that receive input financing in amounts equalling the
average of that received by the PBF facilities?
• Cameroon, the Republic of Congo, Haiti
• Burundi, Brazil, Sierra Leone, Zimbabwe
• Benin, Lesotho, Nigeria, Zambia
• Armenia, Senegal, Tanzania
12- Which countries will assess the impact of
RBF programs with and without additional
interventions targeted at improving quality?
• Armenia, Pakistan
• India, Tanzania
• Kyrgyz Republic, Tajikistan
• Lesotho, Senegal
13- Which countries (are planning to) test
combinations of RBF and health insurance schemes
and use it in their impact evaluation designs?
• Brazil, The Republic of Congo, Haiti
• Burkina Faso, Ghana, Kenya
• Lesotho, Pakistan, Senegal
• Liberia, Sierra Leone, Tajikistan
14- Which country is testing varying
levels of RBF payments across impact
evaluation intervention groups?
• Central African Republic