Overview & Demonstration
January 29, 2014
Thrive. Grow. Achieve.
Topics to Cover
• SharePoint and Integrating Data from
– SQL Reporting Services
– Business Connectivity Services (Formerly
– Excel Services
– Power Point Server PPS
SQL Reporting Services
• Comes with SQL Server, just need a web
server to install
• Real Time Web Based
• Users can Run or Schedule
• HTML Mode is default web based delivery
• SharePoint Mode has all the same options
but houses reports in SharePoint
Tie Them Together
Keep it Simple
• Simple Dashboards in SharePoint
– Utilize SQL Reporting Services
– Utilize Business Data drill downs
• Key Performance Indicators
– SharePoint has flexible web parts that allow you to
create indicators based on any data source
available to SharePoint.
– You determine good and bad criteria.
• Based on Excel from Office. Web Based
Storage and delivery of Excel Files.
• Pivot Tables: uses Pivot Tables as a basis
• Analysis Services: Uses direct links to
Built into the Excel File to drill down into
Analysis Services (data Cube in SQL)
Performance Point Services
• Performance Point Services are the
Tool used for
• Reduce the complexity of securing
– Provides IT with advanced administrative
controls for increasing the security of
SharePoint: Its not just for
Collaboration any more.
• SharePoint has differentiated itself from other
Collaboration / Portal Tools but integrating its
key Analysis tools: Excel, SQL and SSRS with
easy to create drills into data.
– Makes it easier to make SharePoint your focus point
of the organization