1. Dr. Rafiq Zakaria Campus Millennium Institute of Management, Aurangabad. Presentation on Presented By: Guide By: Syed Arif Shaikh Faisal MBA Ist Year Roll No. 41
2. Intro. About Company Maruti Suzuki India Limited (MSIL) is primarily in the business of manufacture, purchase and sale of motor vehicles and spare parts (automobiles). The Company is a subsidiary of Suzuki Motor Corporation Suzuki Motor Corporation is a pioneer and market leader in small car manufacturing segment in Japan. Further, Suzuki Motor Corporation is also a market heavy weight in motorcycle manufacturing sector.
3. About IndustryIn 1953, the government of India and the Indian privatesector initiated manufacturing processes to help developthe automobile industry.Driving the most luxurious car has been made possibleby the stiff competition in the automobile industry in India.Every other day, we have been hearing about some newlaunches, some low cost cars - all customized in amanner such that the common man is not left behind.
5. History In February 1981 Maruti Udyog Limited (MUL) was incorporated under the provision of the Indian Companies Act 1956 A license and Joint Venture Agreement was signed between Government of India and Suzuki Motor Company (now Suzuki Motor Corporation of Japan) in October 1982. The manufacturing Unit of is located at Palam Gurgaon Road, Gurgaon, Haryana.
6. Achievemenet Maruti Suzuki India Limited (MSIL) today rolled out its 10 millionth car from its facility in Gurgaon to becomethe first Indian automobile man-ufacturer to attain the milestone. Maruti Suzuki produces 1.2 million cars annually from its two plants at Gurgaon and Manesar. Maruti Suzuki India Ltd. had picked up momentum in the recent times and manufactured around five million units in the last six years.
8. About Products Maruti Suzuki KizashiOn Road Price: 10 Lakh to 12 Lakh
9. About Products Maruti Suzuki Ertiga On Road Price: 6.25 Lakh to 7.40 Lakh
10. About Products Maruti Suzuki Swift On Road Price: 4.22 Lakh to 5.30 Lakh
11. Product Life Cycle
12. ExportsMaruti Exports Limited is the subsidiary of Maruti Suzuki withits major focus on exports and it does not operate in thedomestic Indian market.The first commercial consignment of 480 cars were sent toHungry. By sending a consignment of 571 cars to the samecountry Maruti Suzuki crossed the benchmark of 300,000 cars.Maruti Suzuki Exporting their product to Angola, Benin, Djibouti,Ethiopia, Europe, Kenya, Morocco, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Uganda,Chile.
13. Organizational StructureMr. R. C. Bhargava Mr. Shinzo Nakanishi Mr. Manvinder Mr. Amal Ganguli Chairman Managing Director Director Director and CEO
14. SWOT Analysis Strength Japanese Management practices (that had captured Japan over USA to the status of top Auto manufacturing country in the world)Early mover advantages. Recruitment is done in very tedious man reinsuring talent and best professionals,
15. SWOT Analysis Weakness Maruti Suzuki India Ltd. Is Still depends upon SUZUKI COPORATION Lack of experience with foreign market Heavy import tariffs on fully built imported models.
16. SWOT Analysis Opportunities Maruti Suzuki is the first company to roll out suitably designed cars as per Govt.’s Other automobile companies lacks economy of scale, so market is still open. with increase in Income scale of individual, Demand for cars are rising.
17. SWOT Analysis Threats Numbers of new Technology driven players and manufactures are in market. Govt .reducing support and cutting down the Gas supply quota. Competition from second hand cars & TATA Nano
18. Conclusion Maruti Udyog limited had a prime objective to meet the growing demand of a personal mode of transport Things are now changing with LPG polices and disinvestment; the real competitions has already began. The smarter will certainly will be next leader, but till then...Maruti Suzuki will going to the brand .
19. Suggestion Maruti should improve it’s after sale service because its hits badly car market share. Show room demonstration should be given at frequent time interval and feed back should be considered positively. The marketing managers should make better relations with dealers and reputation of the company. Customer considers quality as their first preference, so the company should give more stress on this.