Meditation on the TransfigurationRecommendation: Please read the contents of oneof the 20 mysteries meditations before you start yourprayer. Some of these presentations (e.g. The FifthSorrowful Mystery: The Crucifixion) contains over 60slides. With so much spiritual food that it is best toread and contemplate on a few of the slides eachtime.We welcome biblical scholars, theologians,lecturers and professors of theological institutionsand seminaries and lay people around the world tocontribute precious pictures and words toaccompany specific scenes in the Rosary in VisualArt. You can contribute through the BLOG on ourwebsite.
Fourth Luminous Mystery The Transfiguration While Jesus was praying His face changed in appearance and His clothing became dazzling white. And behold two men were conversing with Him, Moses and Elijah, who appeared in glory and spoke of His exodus that He was going to accomplish in Jerusalem. Spiritual fruit: Spiritual courage. Holy fear of God.
1.* The Holy Mountain: He went up the mountain to pray.“Ascend with me, beloved sons, the holy mountain of your perfectconformity to Jesus Crucified. How many times my Son Jesus lovinglyascended the mountains, impelled by an ardent desire for solitude andsilence, to live with greater intensity his union with the Father!”(Gobbi)Lorenzo Lotto, 1480-1556. Christ leading the apostles to mount Tabor.The State Hermitage museum, St. Petersburg.
1A. The Holy Mountain“The mountain is the place of ascent—not only outward but also inwardascent. It is a liberation from the burden of everyday life, a breathing inthe pure air of creation. It offers a view of the broad expanse of creationand its beauty; it gives one an inner peak to stand on and an intuitivesense of the Creator.” (Pope Benedict XVI)Lorenzo Lotto, 1480-1556. Christ leading the apostles to mount Tabor.The State Hermitage museum, St. Petersburg.
2*. The Transfiguration The transfiguration of Christ symbolizes the transformation God wishes to bring about in our lives. Christ calls us to reflect the glory of God, and be changed into his own likeness from one degree of glory to another.United Episcopal Church
2A. The Transfiguration “Ascend with me the holy Mountain which is Jesus Christ, so that you can enter into a life of intimacy with Him. Each of you has been called to combat, armed with the very light of Christ, because you must be his own presence in the world.” (Gobbi)United Episcopal Church
3. Ascend the holy mountain of his wisdom. “Ascend the holy mountain of his wisdom, which is revealed to you, if your remain little, humble and poor. With courage you will pronounce the word of Jesus to the men ofTitian. The Transfiguration. today.” (Gobbi)
4. Ascend the holy mountain of his heart“Ascend the holy mountain of his heart, that you may betransformed by the burning bush of his divine charity. Youwill become meek and humble of heart. You will be trulyable to love those most in need, those who are lost.” (Gobbi)
5. Ascend the Holy mountain of his divine humanity. “Ascend the holy mountain of his divine humanity: his eyes in your eyes, his hands in your hands, his heart in you hearts, his wounds in your wounds, his cross in your cross, his sufferings in your sufferings. In this way you will become the potent presence of Jesus who, by means of you, can still today work mightily to bring all to salvation.” (Gobbi)Gerard David 1460-1523. The Transfiguration. Notre Dame. Brussels.
6*. Peter said to Jesus: “Master, how good it is for us to be here.” If we are to pray, we must settle down relax and feel “how good it is for us to be here.” -----especially in Cenacle with Mary and Jesus.How to pray with icons. By Miroslaw Tataryn
6A. “And the Word became flesh and pitched his tent among us.” (Jn 1:14). “Indeed the Lord has pitched the tent of his body among us and has thus inaugurated the messianic age.” (Pope Benedict XVI)How to pray with icons. By Miroslaw Tataryn
7. Make us cleaner and whiter This is the preeminent light-giving icon. It is good for us to look at it and meditate on it. We implore you to bathe us in his light. With this feast, make us cleaner than spring water; wash us and make us whiter than snow.
7. Make us cleaner and whiter “You are transfigured on the mountain, and your disciples beheld your glory. O Christ our God, so that when they should see you crucified they would understand that your Passion was voluntary, and proclaim to the world that you truly are the spendor of the Father.” (Byzantine liturgy)
8. Glorious manifestation of the Trinity. The Transfiguration and the Cross go hand in hand. We show God’s glory in the most magnificent way through our own sacrificial love.Fra Angelico, The Transfiguration, 1440. San Marco Convent. Florence.
8. Glorious manifestation of the Trinity. This was to fortify their faith to withstand the coming tragedy of the passion. Jesus foresaw the ‘scandal of the cross’ and prepared them for it by this manifestation of His glory. The Transfiguration is the glorification of the Son by the Father, before the final degradation, and the glorious manifestation of the Trinity.Fra Angelico, The Transfiguration, 1440. San Marco Convent. Florence.
9. Your personal transfiguration “Climb up the mountain of your personal transfiguration. On this mountain, you will also feel the extraordinary presence and action of your heavenly Mother, so that you may be trained and moulded until Christ is ‘fully formed’ in you. You will become a powerful witness of his love.” (Gobbi) The transformation of one soul can lead to the salvation of thousands more.—St. Seraphim
10***. Go down with me Jesus himself is the divine Word of revelation. Jesus is the Torah. The disciples must accompany Jesus back down the mountain and learn ever anew about •the necessity of the Passion as the way to glory, and to •‘listen to Him.’ (Pope Benedict XVI)Raphael, The Transfiguration, 1520. Museo del Prado. Madrid.
10A. Go down with me “It is only as they go down from the mountain that Peter has to learn that the messianic age is first and foremost the age of the Cross and that the Transfiguration requires us to be burned by the light of the Passion and so transformed.” (Pope Benedict XVI)Raphael, The Transfiguration, 1520. Museo del Prado. Madrid.
10B. Go down with me “As you go down from this mountain, to all whom you meet, you must proclaim and spread this motherly, anxious and urgent message of mine: Come back immediately to the God of salvation and of peace! Return along the road of conversion.” (Gobbi)Raphael, The Transfiguration, 1520. Museo del Prado. Madrid.
10C. Go down with me “You cannot go back the way you came up. Go down with me. Look at this withered humanity. How many of my children are dead, because they have been slain by sin and hatred, by violence and impurity, victims of vice and drugs. They are my children desperate , afflicted, in need of help. Be for them, my sign of joy and of consolation.” (Gobbi)Raphael, The Transfiguration, 1520. Museo del Prado. Madrid.
The ( National ) Rosary For the Evangelization of (Nations)1. Fatima Prayer: To Eucharistic Jesus, source of all evangelization. “O my Jesus, forgive us our sins, save us from the fires of hell, lead all souls to heaven, especially those who are in most need of thy mercy.”2. Invocation of the Holy Spirit: Principal agent of evangelization. “Come, Holy Spirit! Fill the hearts of the (National) people and enkindle in them the fire of your love! Come by means of the powerful intercession of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, your well-beloved Spouse.”3. Prayer to Our Lady of ( Nation ): Star of the new evangelization. “Hail Holy Queen, Mother of (Nation), come and present the (National) people to Jesus, the fruit of thy womb. Look upon them continually with mercy and through your