1. Playground - Entering TextCreate a new blank presentation and enter the following text on a title slide: Playgrounds can be dangerous places...Insert a new slide and add the following title and bulleted text: This slide uses the Comparison layoutInsert a final slide to list the conclusions of the risk assessment:
2. The slide layout used here is Title and ContentSave your presentation with the name Playground Risk Assessment.pptxandclose it down.
3. Kylie - formatting bullet pointsOpen the presentation found in the above folder. It is about Kylie Minogue (!) butyou dont have to read it, just perform a bit of formatting...Format the bullet points on Slide 2 so that they match those in the picture below: Dont forget to change the colour of the 2nd level of bullets!Format the bullet points on Slide 3 in a manner similar to the preview below: These musical notes were found in the Times New Roman fontSave the presentation with the name Shocked by the PowerPoint.pptxand closeit down.
4. My House - Drawing and Fill EffectsCreate a new presentation with one slide, using the slide layout Title Only.The title for this slide should be My House. Format this title as you see fit (forexample with a new font, colour, shadow, etc).You are now going to draw your house! If you dont fancy drawing your own house,try copying the example picture below: Perhaps think about switching to smokeless fuel soon...While drawing (and formatting) your picture, here are some points you may wish toconsider: Ensure that the windows are the same size by creating one and thenduplicating it Align and distribute the door and window shapes to keep things looking neat Group and ungroup shapes as you go along to make aligning and distributing easier Use appropriate Shape Fills (for example a texture for the path, a gradient fill for the sky)
5. Keep any circle shapes (such as that on the door above) correctly proportioned as you resize them Centre the house shape on the slideWhen you have finished, save your presentation with the name My BeautifulHouse.pptx and close it down.Broken computer flowchartCreate a new presentation, choosing the Blank slide layout and changing theorientation of the presentation to Portrait (to give yourself more room).Use PowerPoints drawing tools to create a flowchart resembling the one below: Feel free to choose different colours and fontsSave the file with the name Faultfinder.pptx and close it down.
6. Olympics - Clustered Column ChartCreate a new blank presentation and change the layout of the first slide toTitle andContent.Add a slide title of Olympic Medal Tally and then add a chart by clicking on therelevant icon.Create a Clustered Column chart based on the data shown below, comparing thenumber of medals won by four countries: Data correct up to 20 August 2008!Format the chart so that it resembles the one shown below: Feel free to use your own colours and styles!Check that you have edited your chart as follows: Column colours, special effects and data labels Horizontal Gridlines removed from the chart background Legend showing at the bottom of the chart Labels on the horizontal axis formatted with WordArt and increased in size Plot Area and Chart Area formatted with Quick Styles
7. If you have time, continue formatting the slide itself. Suggestions include: WordArt on the slide title Applying a Background StyleSave the presentation with the name Charting Success.pptx and close it down.Tweenies - ThemesOpen the file in the folder shown above.Go to the Design tab and choose and make this presentation look more interestingby applying a Theme. The theme seen here is Opulent but you can choose any you fancy!Now customise this theme with some more specific choices of your own. Make sureyou include changes to: Font Colours Background EffectsBe as creative as you like and use the courseware chapter onThemes andBackground Styles for inspiration if you so wish!Save your custom theme with the name Tweenies Theme.thmxSave the presentation with the filename Tweenies with Custom Theme.pptx andclose it down.
8. Man U Custom Shows - PowerPoint 2007Create a custom show called Official Presentation that contains slides 3-7. The slides will be renumbered in the custom showCreate a second custom show called Secret Presentation that contains slides 8-12.Create action buttons on slide 2 to link to each of the custom shows. Perhaps the second button should have a more subtle titleRun the presentation and check that the custom shows work correctly.American election custom shows - PowerPoint2007Create a custom show called Democratic Campaign that contains all the even-numbered slides in the presentation.
9. Hold CTRL and click to select non-adjacent slidesCreate a second custom show called Republican Campaign that contains all theodd-numbered slides in the presentation apart from slide 1.Add action settings to the two photographs on slide 1 so that clicking them startsthe appropriate custom show. Add action settings to these two picturesRun the slide show and check that the custom shows work correctly.WiseOwl Courses Action Buttons - PowerPoint2007On the first slide add an action setting to the Wise Owl Training Coursesbuttonthat will take you to slide 2 when it is clicked.On the second slide add the following items: An action setting on the Excel button that will take you to slide 3 when it is clicked. A new action button that will take you back to slide one when it is clicked.On the third slide add the following items: Action settings on the three buttons so that when you click on them you are taken to the appropriate slides. A new action button that will take you back to slide 2 when you click it.On slides 4-6 add a new button that will take you back to slide 3 when you click it.Set up the slide show to be browsed at a kiosk and check that each of the buttonsworks as it should.
10. Premiership Action Buttons - PowerPoint 2007On slide 2 insert action settings on each of the club logos so that clicking thepictures will take you to the appropriate slides.On slides 3-6 create an action button that will take you back to slide 2 when youclick it. Each action button should link back to slide 2Set up the slide show to be browsed at a kiosk and check that all the buttons workas they should.Annoying test action buttons - PowerPoint2007On slides 2-5 add action settings to the YES button so that you are taken to slide 6when you click it. You could copy and paste the first button to save timeOn slides 2-4 add action settings to the NO button so that when you move themouse over it you are taken to the next slide.
11. Make sure you select the relevant tab on the dialog boxOn slide 5 add action settings to the NO button so that when you move the mouseover it you are taken to slide 2.Set up the presentation to be browsed at a kiosk and test that the presentationworks in as annoying a manner as possible.Stereotypes action settings - PowerPoint 2007On slide 2 add action settings to each of the coloured areas so that when you clickthem you are taken to the appropriate slides. The three shapes were drawn on top of the map imageSelect the three coloured shapes and format them so that they have a transparencyof 100%On slides 3-5 add an action button that will take you back to slide 2 when you clickon it.Set up the show to be browsed at a kiosk and check that the action settings workcorrectly.Hundred Acre Wood - PowerPoint 2007AnimatingAdd an entrance animation to the column chart on slide 2 so that the bars appearwith a dissolve effect.
12. Modify the animation you have just added so that on the first mouse click the threecolumns for the North data appear, on the second mouse click the three columnsfor the South data appear, and so on for the third and fourth mouse clicks. The effect of the first mouse click should resemble thisOn slide 3 add an entrance animation to the pie chart so that each slice appears witha diamond effect.Modify the effect you have just added so that each slice appears on a separatemouse click.Test your animation scheme by running the presentation.Autoshapes - TweeniesOpen the file Draw Shapes.pptModify slide 2 as shown below:
13. Add a Callout Autoshape and type in some text.Insert a new slide just before the pictures slide as shown below: Add three text boxes and copy the pictures from the last slide.