• Online Marketing
& Social Media Specialist
• Provides training to businesses on how to
use social media and Google marketing apps
• Showing how to engage & promote online
to customer base
Intro to Chris Wood
1. Here to stay – use will only increase
2. Complements Networking
3. Don’t Get Left Behind
– Competitors Are / Will Be Using It
• Who is using it? Success?
• Looking to increase usage?
• Decreasing other forms of marketing?
Social Media complements not replaces
- Although may reduce those activities not
working as well
Usage So Far?
• Over half population using social media
• Primarily - 34m
• Twitter /LinkedIn – 10m
• 91% of 16-24 age group are active users of social
media, with 18% of over-65s socialising online
• For 16-24 age group - as they go in to the workplace
the use of social media will only increase
• May no longer use email!!
Watch this video by Socialnomics:
– E.g. No. of Facebook members equivalent of
3rd largest country
• LinkedIn usage quadrupled in last 3 years
• Over 225 million users
• To many in business – makes the most sense
• Keep in touch online, with those met offline
• Status Updates - keep your connections up to date
• Message – email connections with our their email address!
• Groups – promote expertise – stand out!!
• East Devon Business Club on
• Consider using #tags -
#EastDevonBC for more
• Along with #Honiton,
• Competitors Are / Will Be – hear that more and more as
reason why people attend courses
• Google likes social media
• Another reason why use is on the increase
• One way to fight back against Panda updates
• Younger generation growing up with social media
as part of their every day!
• Usage increasing on smart phones/tablets
Don’t Get Left Behind
• New Opportunities
• Opens Doors
• Research / Keeping Up To
• Building Brand
Promote As Expert –
• Cost Savings
• New Leads / Sales
• Upsell / Cross Sell
• Time & Effort – at least 1 to 2hrs a week
• Not likely to be a quick win – need to go
for mid-long term benefit
• Lack of how to knowledge in using
social media (takes time to learn)
All Sounds Great – What Are the Drawbacks?
1. Onsite Training (plus Strategy / Audit options)
2. Training Courses
3. Outsource – Have It Managed
Here’s Where We Come In
Q & A