1. Fuelling a Knowledge BasedEconomy with Qtel Fibre
2. What Qtel is Doing• Qtel Fibre is laying the foundations for the knowledge-based economy, as we strive to build a broadband nation.• We are investing in the future of Qatar by replacing the existing copper network throughout the country with a new fibre optical network.• This will enable Qtel to deliver the fastest broadband services ever and will bring ultra-fast Internet access up to 100 Mbps and an amazing home TV experience.
3. What weachieved so far• QR 600 Million Invested in the Qtel Fibre Project• Launch of state of the art customer products – Over 100 Mbps high speed Internet – Next Generation High Definition IPTV – Voice over IP• Installations started in July 2011 more than 20,000 homes connected to date• Commercial launch on 22nd January 2012 .... More than 2,500 active customers and increasing at a rate of 1,500 per week
4. A Phased Approachto Development • Roll-out is a phased approach • 100% coverage of all homes across Qatar • Two visits to customers are required: – First visit includes the installation of CPE and internal cabling – Second visit includes the service activation
5. Challenges toManage and Develop• Network• IT development• Most customer homes set up for voice services. Re-wiring required across all homes to allow for High Speed Internet and IPTV• Enabling every connected home with Wi-Fi access• Customer experience – approx 3 hours to prepare homes for Fibre services for first visit. Second visit takes approx 60 minutes to activate services.• Customer communication – door knocking to get access to customer homes and managing roll-out expectations.
6. World Class Portfolio• Moving to the state of the art product portfolio• Best in class, service and product experience for our customers• Step change for TV services: High Definition TV, Video on Demand, Watch and Record, Pause/ rewind live TV.
7. In Conclusion• To date, we have installed Qtel Fibre in over 20,000 homes across Qatar, and we are currently making 1,500 new installations per week.• Customers in these homes are now being contacted by our teams in order to switch to Qtel Fibre.• In line with Qtel’s promise to keep competitive, we are offering a broad range of packages.• Enormous opportunity for customers and enterprises to build the knowledge- based economy, position Qatar as a technology hub, and move towards being one of the best connected nations in the world.