1. Chapter One is Key to RevelationRevelation 1:1 “The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which Godgave unto him . . .”So Revelation is actually God the Father’s revelation to His Son “to shew unto his servants . . .”So Jesus is to show Revelation to His servants. The Greek word translatedservants in this verse is δούλος doulos, which actually means “slave.” NOTE: In Greek, the original language of the New Testament, the Lord namedmany different kinds of servants: the pais, the presbuteros the diakonos, theepiskopos, the leitourgikos, the huperetes, the therapon, etc., but Revelationwasn’t written to any of them. It was written to Jesus’ doulos, His slaves! Onemay indeed be Jesus’ servant, even a church leader, a presbuteros or episkopos,but to understand Revelation, that person must also be Jesus’ slave!
2. Revelation 1:1 continued . . . “things which must shortly come to pass (i.e., not 2000 years in the future); and he sent and signified it by his angel (Greek: –γγελος, aggelos, a messenger. In this verse Jesus is the messenger) unto his servant John.” POSITION OF THE CHURCH DURING THE CHRISTIAN ERA Revelation 1:6 “And hath made (past tense) us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.” Revelation 1:9 (LITV) “I, even your brother John, and co‐ sharer in THE (the Greek definite article “τμ”) affliction (thlipsis, usually translated “tribulation”), and in THE “τμ” kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ.”
3. Revelation 1 continued . . . Revelation 1:10 “I was in the Spirit on the Lords day (all prophetic visions are figurative), and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet (“as,” a figurative signpost).” Revelation 1:13 “And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle (the highgirding of authority, compare with Daniel 10:5).” Revelation 1:20 “The mystery of the seven stars which thou sawest in my right hand, and the seven golden candlesticks. The seven stars are the angels (so stars are messengers) of the seven churches: and the seven candlesticks which thou sawest are the seven churches (and candlesticks are churches).”
4. Revelation 1:19 “Write the things which thou hast seen, and the things which are, and the things which shall be hereafter.” 95105 AD Note the tense of the verbs! The book of Revelation is partly aboutevents that took place before John’s time, partly about events that happen during John’s time and partly about events future to John’s time!
5. The Threshingfloor of Ornan1 Chronicles 21:2226 “Then David said to Ornan, Grant methe place of this threshingfloor, that I may build an altar therein untothe LORD: thou shalt grant it me for the full price: that the plaguemay be stayed from the people. And Ornan said unto David, Take itto thee, and let my lord the king do that which is good in his eyes: lo,I give thee the oxen also for burnt offerings, and the threshinginstruments for wood, and the wheat for the meat offering; I give itall. And king David said to Ornan, Nay; but I will verily buy it for thefull price: for I will not take that which is thine for the LORD, noroffer burnt offerings without cost. So David gave to Ornan for theplace six hundred shekels of gold by weight. And David built therean altar unto the LORD, and offered burnt offerings and peaceofferings, and called upon the LORD; and he answered him fromheaven by fire upon the altar of burnt offering.”
6. Threshing Millet in Nepal
7. 2 Chronicles 3:1 “Then Solomon began to buildthe house of the LORD at Jerusalem in mountMoriah, where the LORD appeared untoDavid his father, in the place that David hadprepared in the threshingfloor of Ornan theJebusite.”
8. Philippine Threshing Floor
9. Winnowing Wheat on a Threshingfloor. “The chaff which the wind driveth away,” Psalm 1:4
10. Temple Mount from the Northwest
11. “As Sakra”, the exposedbedrock under theDome of the Rock.Would any farmer in hisright mind try to thresh orwinnow grain on thiscraggy old stone whenthere is a perfectly flat rockonly 300 feet away?
12. Present Archeologicalevidence indicates thatthe Temple of Solomonstood just beyond theEastern Gate, that theHoly of Holies waslocated under the littlecupola known as theDome of the Tablets.(See arrow)
13. !‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ al Aqsa Mosque (705AD) !‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ The Wailing Wall !‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Dome of the Rock (688AD) !‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Court of the Gentiles !‐‐‐‐‐ Dome of the Tablets
14. Notice the dark areas in the Templewalls. At those locations, Dr. Asher F.Kaufman, Israeli archeologist, foundholes in the bedrock spaced on the“sacred cubit”. The sacred cubit wasonly used in Temple construction.Since exact Temple dimensions areknown from Scripture, Dr Kaufmanwas able to determine the preciselocation of the Temple of Solomon. Bird’s Eye View of the Temple Mount Seen from the East Illustration by Biblical Archeology Review Vol. IX No. 2, April 1983 (Shown by permission)
15. Dome of the Tablets Viewed from the West The Holy of Holies was here. The Ark of the Covenant ! rested here.
16. Guess what, the Moslems builtThe Dome of the Rock on the . . .Wrong Rock!
17. “Given to the Gentiles” The Dome of the Rock being on the Wrong Rock is a direct fulfillment of Bible prophecy!Revelation 11:2 “But the court which is withoutthe temple leave out, and measure it not; forit is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy cityshall they tread under foot forty and twomonths.”
18. Revelation 11:2 addresses two different events: 1: The temple’s court will be given over to Gentiles.2: Jerusalem will be under Gentile control for 42 months. (Gentile control was over on June 6th, 1967) È Dividing 365.24 days by 12 gives us a month of 30.437 days. 42 months x 30.437 days = 1278.34 days. “I give you a day for a year,” Ezekiel 4:56
21. Revelation 12:16 “And there appeared a great wonder inheaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon underher feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars: And shebeing with child cried, travailing in birth, and pained to bedelivered. And there appeared another wonder in heaven;and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and tenhorns, and seven crowns upon his heads. And his tail drewthe third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to theearth: and the dragon stood before the woman which wasready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as itwas born. And she brought forth a man child, who was to ruleall nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught upunto God, and to his throne. And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath aplace prepared of God, that they should feed her there athousand two hundred and threescore days.”
22. Cross‐referencing Explains the Passage1. Woman with 12 stars = Israel, Gen 37:9102. Dragon = Satan, Rev 20:23. Heads & Horns = Kingdoms of this Earth, Dan 7:1244. Stars = Fallen messengers or angels, Rev 1:205. Child = Jesus, Rev 19:156. Child Caught Up = Ascension in 32‐34AD, Acts 1:911
23. Revelation 12:6 “And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days.” We are in the New Testament era so there is no Hebrew conversion factor. John used a Solar calendar just like ours. New Nation of Israel established 1948 A. D. ‐1260 Day‐Years ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ 688 A.D. Dome of the Rock!