1. PERSONALITY ENHANCEMENT WHAT IS IT??Personality is made up of the characteristicpatterns of thoughts, feelings and behaviors that make a person unique.
2. WHAT IS GROOMING It is the process of making yourself look neat and attractive. LOOK GOOD FEEL GOOD The things which you do to make yourself and your appearance tidy and pleasant. FEEL GOOD DO GOOD
4. Initial and Sustained PerceptionInitial : Sustained :Presence Personal substance n Appearance Professionalism Attitude Integrity Attire Civility Awareness Work etiquette n Discipline
5. Clothes and Manners do not make the manbut, when he is made, they greatly improve his appearance…Whether this is real or imaginary the most important fact is that your appearance influences the opinions of everyone around you…
6. Perceptions people form solely from your appearances : Your Professionalism Your level of Sophistication Your Intelligence Your Credibility
7. GROOMING involves all the aspects of yourself Overall cleanliness Hair Nails Teeth Attire/ Uniform Make-up
8. HAIR-Your Crowning Glory Recommended to not fall over the ears, eyebrows or even touch the back of the collar Facial hair should be neatly trimmed (moustache, sideburns, beard)
9. Style your hair in a neat hairstyle considering the shape of your face Identify your hair type,and use shampoo and conditioner accordingly Facial hair to be removed if required Hair holding devices should be black in colour and not very flashy
10. Nails Well-trimmed, well shaped and filed at all time For girls-maintain a moderate length Treat brittle/discolored nails Neutral coloring is preferred For boys-varnish nails occasionally
11. ATTIRE-Your image is a powerful Business Tool Types of AttireBusiness/Corporate Smart Casual Formal Business Casual Casual Semi-formal Informal
12. MAKE YOURSELF UP-outer and inner Skin care Hair Care Make up Confidence building Polish yourself-in and out to be contd..
13. POWER DRESSING!!First of all, you are seen and then spoken to. Therefore, dress well ALWAYS.
14. What should I wear? I Don’t Think So !!
15. Clothing Tips for Men Conservative 2-piece dark suit, navy blue or medium to dark gray. Long sleeved blue or white shirt. Silk tie complimenting in color or style Black dress socks Dark polished shoes and matching belt Jewelry – No bracelets, earrings or large rings.
16. Gentlemen – What to Wear!
17. Gentlemen – What to Wear!
18. Gentlemen – What to Wear!
19. Gentlemen – What Not to Wear!
20. Gentlemen – What Not to Wear!
21. Gentlemen – What Not to Wear!
22. Gentlemen – What Not to Wear!
23. ATTENTION GENTLEMEN!!! DO’s Wear a conservative tie NOTE: Tip of the tie should sit slightly above the belt buckle Be clean shaven DON’Ts Wear white socks TIP: Try to match socks with belt Wear a tie that is too wide or too narrow
24. FABRICS Stay away from velvet, vinyl, shiny, furry, slinky materials Fabrics recommended are those that do not wrinkle easilyTIP 1: Purchase fabrics that have a small percentage of lycra that adds comfort and resists creases. Suggested fabrics are polyester, wool (suits), cotton shirtsTIP 2: When purchasing a suit, twist the fabric of the sleeves and hold it in place for 10
25. SHOES POLISH and SHINE your shoes! Always wear socksTIP: Make sure socks are high enough to cover skin when sitting down You should be able to walk comfortably in your shoes i.e. Heels should not be too high GENTLEMEN should stay away from steel toes and other rugged shoes NEVER wear open toe shoes!
26. Dress for Success
27. Clothing Tips for Women Dark conservative suit. Two piece 1 or 2 button jacket and knee length skirt or Pant. White or light colored long sleeved blouse that is not low cut. Black well polished shoes with 1 to 1½ inch heels. Limited conservative jewelry.
28. Ladies – What to Wear!
29. Ladies – What to Wear!
30. Ladies – What to Wear!It’s ok to weara sleevelessdress.
36. NO Backless, See-through, Tight-fitting, Spaghetti Straps, Strapless, Extremely Short Skirts/Dresses, Low-Cut Blouses/Tops
37. Ladies – What Not to Wear!
38. NO Latest Trends (Keep These “Baby Dolls” for your non-conference activities)
39. Ladies – What Not to Wear!
40. Ladies – What Not to Wear!
41. Dress for Success
42. HAIR & MAKEUP Style hair as conservatively as possible Do not dye hair color too flashy e.g. red, green, etc. Wear as little makeup as possible Don’t wear brightly colored lipsticks or eye shadows, too much blush because the interviewer might not like it or it may accidentally get on your clothing
43. PERSONAL HYGIENE ALWAYS take a shower Wear antiperspirant in case you get nervous Brush your teeth before the interview Don’t chew gum, eat a breath mint instead Don’t wear heavy smelling perfumes/cologne, it may irritate the interviewer Have clean finger nails and hands Stay away from nail polish if possible.
44. Grooming – men shave skincare manicures teeth personal hygiene one in four men do not shower daily dirty fingernails go uncleaned mostly
45. Grooming - women skincare A recent survey showed that women who wear hair – cut, colour, make-up have a condition competitive edge over make-up their bare faced colleagues perfume – be The Times, 30 th December careful 2003 manicure / Women who wear pedicure make-up earn, on teeth average, 20% more than women who wear no make-up
46. First impressions within three seconds of seeing a person for the first time we have decided their: – social status – politics – education – religion – sexuality – friendliness / approachability – aptitude
47. First impressions: the 93% rule 38% tone,55% pitch &appearance pace of& body your voicelanguage 7% what you say
48. “dress badly and theyremember the clothes; dresswell and they remember the person”