1. WHAT IS ETIQUETTE ?“ ETIQUETTE” is about presentingyourself with the kind of polish thatshows you can be taken seriously.The word “etiquette” is derived fromFrench which actually means a“ticket”, your ticket to getting anythingand any place you want.Etiquette in simpler words is definedas good behaviour which distinguisheshuman beings from animals.
2. WHAT MAKES HUMAN BEINGDIFFERENT FROM ANIMALS?
3. ETIQUETTE It refers to norms and standards for behavior that is socially acceptable and being comfortable around people. Research conducted by Harvard University shows that technical skills and knowledge accounts for only 15% of getting, keeping and advancing in a job. 85% of the job success is connected to people skills.
4. PRINCIPLES UNDERPINNING ALL ETIQUETTE : GOLDEN RULE : Treat others as you would like to be treated. PLATINUM RULE : Treat others as they would like to be treated.
6. Initial and Sustained PerceptionInitial : Sustained :Presence Personal substance n Appearance Professionalism Manner and Style Attitude Etiquette Integrity Awareness Civility Work etiquette n Discipline
7. PRESENCE APPEARANCE MANNERISM AND STYLE ETIQUETTE
8. PRESENCEPeople begin to evaluate us before any words are even spoken.‘Who you are speaks so loudly I do not hear what you say ‘ – Emerson
9. NEED FOR ETIQUETTE Etiquette makes you a cultured individual who leaves his mark wherever he goes. Etiquette teaches you the way to talk, walk and most importantly behave in the society. Etiquette is essential for an everlasting first impression. The way you interact with your superiors, parents, fellow workers, friends speak a lot about your personality and up- bringing. Etiquette enables the individuals to earn respect and appreciation in the society. No one would feel like talking to a person who does not know how to speak or behave in the society.
10. TYPES OF ETIQUETTE1. Social Etiquette2. Bathroom Etiquette3. Wedding Etiquette4. Corporate Etiquette5. Meeting Etiquette6. Telephone Etiquette7. Eating Etiquette8. Business Etiquette
11. MEETING AND GREETING!!
12. Why should you smile ? Smiling when dealing with Clients helps to create a friendly atmosphere Smile shows that you are enjoying your work Our smile says to Clients “ We are glad you’re here”,or, you are pleased to meet him Smiling is good for your health
13. Most important…
14. HANDSHAKE Handshake is a gesture of Acceptance and Welcome Extend your right hand Web to web, finger to finger Give slight pressure Grasp the person’s hand Firmly and Completely Look into the eyes and smile Release the hand in 3 seconds But no matter what, never refuse to accept anyone’s hand
15. HANDSHAKE PUMPER DEAD FISH pumper SQUEEZER TWO HANDED Equal ( eye contact) Dead fish EQUAL,WITH handshake DIRECT EYE CONTACT Two handed squeezer
16. And finally……
17. COMMUNICATIONThe Process of Conveying or Transmitting a message from one person to another through a proper channel.
18. SMALL TALKS 3 DISTINCT PARTS1. OPENER2. MIDDLE3. BREAK AWAY
19. OPENERCompliment..Weather talks…Food..Current event‘how have your day been?...’
20. MIDDLEChoose safe topics, like :Sports..Books..Movies..Art..Travel..‘’BE MORE INTERESTED THAN INTERESTING ‘’
21. BREAK-AWAY Stay not more than 10 minutes in one place Break away lines : I’m going to circulate…or, I see someone, I must meet.. Tell them, you enjoyed speaking with them
22. And last but certainly, not the least.. BE POSITIVE in your Outlook!!