2. Question?Explain how Marina Bay serve as a modelto the principals of governance deployedto help Singapore sustain its growth in the21 century.
3. Learning Journey for Sec 3. How it all began.To understand the rapid development of SingaporeChanges in economic landscape?Improvements in quality of life and vibrancy?Changes to Singapore’s urban landscape?See how GOOD governance ensured Singapore’s economic defence.To raise awareness on “green” urban planning
4. A GREEN SINGAPOREWhat is the eco-friendly structure and how does it work?Where in Fuhua do you see a device that uses similarenergy-saving concept?It is the motion-sensor fan powered by energy from the sun.(solar panels) It turns on when movement is detected and turns offafter a period of time where no form of movement is detected. Suchtechnology can be found in Fuhua’s various toilets. They are motionsensors with detect movement and in turn, switch on the lights. Aftera period of time when no continuous movement is detected, theyswitch of the lights to save electricity.
5. A GREEN SINGAPOREWhy are ‘econ-friendly’ ways important in environmentconservation?What are some of the conservation methods known to conserve theenvironment?It is important as it helps reduce the effect of global warming caused byvarious factors such as burning of fossil fuels and deforestation. There areeco-friendly ways of generating electricity other than the burning of fossilfuels. One such way is the use of solar panels as such as the motion sensorfan in Marina Bay.
6. Marina City GalleryDifference between grey and white models? Who are the peopleinvolved in the development in the Marina Bay and has thegovernment played a part?The grey models represent models of existing buildings whereas the whitemodels represent models of buildings to come in the near future. Peoplewho are involved include the urban development authority, Marina BaySingapore and Government Development. They changed Marina Bay to aleisure entertainment and business district.
7. In the gallery…?Why is Marina Development important?– Ensure good quality learning– Increase population, bring population back to the city.How is Marina Bay planned?– Planned by a seamless extension of the CBD– Provide sense of orientationHow can Marina Bay be made vibrant?– NDP and multinational plans
8. Marina Bay SandsHow does the MBS contribute to the growth of Singapore and whatare some brands found within MBS considered global brands?The Marina Bay Sands has created some job opportunities for the people ofSingapore, therefore creating employment. Also boosting the economy ofSingapore by tourism. Brands which are found within MBS and consideredlocal brands included Ferrari, Gucci, and Boss. These brands are wellknown throughout the entire world.
9. Marina Bay SandsLocal brands located in MBS and have they expanded overseas?Significance of what is seen of the MBS to Singapore in the 21century?There are local brands that have expanded overseas such as SingTel andRobinsons. Other local brands such as Gongcha have not expandedoverseas mainly due to its age in the economy. The MBS has to dependmore on services in order to open up to the world and improve tourism andprovide jobs. These help improve the economy of Singapore.
10. Clifford PierClifford Pier was first opened on 3 June 1933 and was named after SirHugh Clifford, Governor of the Straits Settlements between 1927 and 1929.It was to serve as the gateway for Singapore during that time as manypeople cannot afford air travel and even that is also not in abundance.It is now converted into a hotel to preserve historical heritage .