1. Project: Acting Out Animal Poems6th Graders studied Chinese stories and poems about animals. They acted out the poems while wearing silly animal hats.
2. Stories are recreated on storyjumper.com
3. *note: this program does not support Chinese characters at the moment butwebmaster assured me they are currently working on it : )
4. 6th Grade Project:Books About OurselvesStudents wrote books inChinese about themselvesand their families. A booksharing Tea was held inclass. Students read theirbooks aloud to classmates.Iced tea and cookies wereenjoyed by all. Some ofthese books were postedon www.ISSUU.com.
5. Project: Packing for a trip8th grade students designed suitcases for a fantasy vacation. They filled the suitcaseswith vocabulary flashcards showing the items they needed to pack for their trips.
6. Students filled outauthentic Chinese passportapplications and receivedspecially made passportsand boarding tickets fortheir trips (for a greatticket-making site, try:
7. Vocabulary Flashcards To begin a new unit on occupations7th grade students created flashcards with vocabulary supplied by teacher .
8. Flashcards were hung around classroom and posted on my website forstudy.
9. Miscellaneous activities
10. Students enjoy dressing up to do skits
11. Learning new characters through “fly swatter game”
12. Creating sentences with new Chinese characters