1. Best of 2011 Teri S. Lesesne email@example.com @ProfessorNana on Twitter IL=Interest Level, RL=Reading LevelParadise Americapedia : taking the dumb out ofBy Alexander, Jill (Jill Shurbet) Dewey: -Fic- freedomTeenaged Paisley Tillery dreams a career as a By Anderson, Jodi Lynn Dewey: 320.6professional drummer will take her out of her Blends humor and facts in a look at events insmall Texas town, but when her country rock America and the world, providing informationband gets a handsome new lead singer from about the electoral system in the U.S., theParadise, Texas, those dreams may change. world economy, the role of religion in conflict,____#0448KM7 2011 IL:YA $16.99 Americas place in the world, and other topics, and including advice on how to get involved. ____#0447TM6 2011 IL:YA $21.24The mostly true story of Jack A scary scene in a scary movieBy Barnhill, Kelly Regan Dewey: -Fic- By Blackstone, Matt Dewey: -Fic-Jack is practically invisible at home, but when Rene, a high school freshman with obsessive-his parents send him to Hazelwood, Iowa, to compulsive disorder, finds life to be like aspend a summer with his odd aunt and uncle, scary movie, and even after he makes friendshe suddenly makes friends, is beaten up by the with the ultra-cool Giovanni he still feelstown bully, and is plotted against by the richest responsible for saving his favorite teacher,man in town. dealing with his missing father, courting the____#0200VM5 2011 IL:5-8 RL:5.5 $14.44 beautiful Ariel, and trying to pretend to be normal for the school psychologist. ____#0448FM0 2011 IL:YA $14.44F in exams : the very best totally wrong test Beauty queensanswers By Bray, Libba Dewey: -Fic-By Benson, Richard, 1962- Dewey: 371.26 When a plane crash strands thirteen teenCollects creative ways students have answered beauty contestants on a mysterious island, theydifficult exam questions. struggle to survive, to get along with one____#0440VL8 2011 IL:AD $8.46 another, to combat the islands other diabolical occupants, and to learn their dance numbers in case they are rescued in time for the competition. AR: 4.4 UG 15.0 144241EN ____#0192FN4 2011 IL:YA $16.14Noah Barleywater runs away : a fairytale America is under attack : September 11,By Boyne, John, 1971- Dewey: -Fic- 2001 : the day the towers fellWhen life at home becomes too difficult, By Brown, Don, 1949- Dewey: 973.931eight-year-old Noah sets out to see the world Provides a chronological account of September
2. and have an adventure, and in the forest he 11, 2001, and the terrorist attacks on the Worldmeets a toymaker who has a story and some Trade Center in New York and the Pentagon inadvice to share. Washington, D.C., and the hijacking of a planeAR: 5.6 MG 7.0 144115EN that crashed in Pennsylvania.____#0327KM5 2010 IL:3-6 RL:6.3 $14.44 ____#0335WPX 2011 IL:3-6 RL:5.6 $14.44Anyas ghost The battling bands / (Knights Of The LunchBy Brosgol, Vera Dewey: 741.5 Table #3)Anya, embarrassed by her family and lacking By Cammuso, Frank Dewey: 741.5confidence in her body and her social skills, Artie, Wayne, and Percy enter the talent showfinally finds a friend after falling down a well, hoping for fame and fortune, but since none ofbut quickly learns there are drawbacks to them can sing or play an instrument, their onlyhaving a ghost for a friend. hope of winning is finding the fabled Singing____#0175WLX 2011 IL:YA $13.59 Sword. ____#0205HN3 2011 IL:3-6 $6.49The adventures of Mark TwainBy Burleigh, Robert Dewey: 818An illustrated biography of American authorMark Twain, presented from the perspective ofthe Twains famous literary characterHuckleberry Finn.AR: 4.3 MG 0.5 143591EN Lexile: 750____#0143LD5 2011 IL:3-6 RL:5.1 $15.29First day on earth --a novel LeverageBy Castellucci, Cecil Dewey: -Fic- By Cohen, Joshua, 1969- Dewey: -Fic-Mal, a high school outcast, meets Hopper, who High school sophomore Danny excels atclaims he is an alien, and, through his gymnastics but is bullied, like the rest of therelationship with him, Mal begins to see gymnasts, by members of the football team,himself and the world in a new light. until an emotionally and physically scarred____#0001LR0 2011 IL:YA $15.29 new student joins the football team and forms Not yet published: This item is scheduled to be an unlikely friendship with Danny. available on November 1, 2011. AR: 5.2 UG 16.0 143183EN ____#0303JH0 2011 IL:YA $15.29No passengers beyond this point EntwinedBy Choldenko, Gennifer, 1957- Dewey: -Fic- By Dixon, Heather, 1982- Dewey: -Fic-With their house in foreclosure, sisters India Confined to their dreary castle while mourningand Mouse and brother Finn are sent to stay their mothers death, Princess Azalea and herwith an uncle in Colorado until their mother eleven sisters join The Keeper, who is trappedcan join them, but when the plane lands, the in a magic passageway, in a nightly dance thatchildren are welcomed by cheering crowds to a soon becomes nightmarish.strange place where each of them has a perfect AR: 5.0 MG 14.0 143503ENhouse and a clock that is ticking down the ____#0446VH3 2011 IL:YA $15.29time.
3. AR: 3.9 MG 7.0 142995EN____#0048LB6 2011 IL:5-8 RL:5.1 $14.44Night of the living dust bunnies / (Stone The absolute value of MikeRabbit, #6) By Erskine, Kathryn Dewey: -Fic-By Craddock, Erik Dewey: 741.5 Mike, a fourteen-year-old boy with a math____#0497ZM7 2011 IL:3-6 $11.56 learning disability, is sent to rural Pennsylvania for the summer to work on an engineering project, and while his plans to impress his mathematician father fall flat when Mike discovers the project has nothing to do with engineering, he learns much more valuable lessons while working with his eccentric, elderly aunt, a homeless man, and a punk rock girl as part of a town-wide effort to adopt a Romanian orphan. AR: 3.9 MG 8.0 143788EN ____#0221KM2 2011 IL:5-8 RL:5.5 $14.44Hurricane dancers : the first Caribbeanpirate shipwreckBy Engle, Margarita Dewey: 811Quebrado has been a slave on captainBernadino de Talaveras pirate ship for years,but when a hurricane sinks the ship and killsmost of the crew, Quebrado escapes to safetyand finds acceptance and refuge in a nearbyvillage.AR: 6.6 MG 1.0 143562EN____#0232FJ3 2011 IL:YA $15.29Prom & prejudice HiddenBy Eulberg, Elizabeth Dewey: -Fic- By Frost, Helen, 1949- Dewey: -Fic-For Lizzie Bennett, a music scholarship Years after Darra Monsons father stole astudent at Connecticuts exclusive, girls-only minivan with Wren Abbott hiding in the back,Longbourn Academy, the furor over prom is the girls come face to face at summer campsenseless, but even more puzzling is her and together they try to work through whatattraction to the pompous Will Darcy, best happened to them and the impact it had onfriend of her roommates boyfriend. their lives.AR: 4.8 MG 6.0 141689EN Lexile: 690 AR: 3.9 MG 3.0 144298EN____#0352WH6 2011 IL:YA $15.29 ____#0443DM4 2011 IL:5-8 RL:4.9 $14.44Bunheads How I stole Johnny Depps alien girlfriendBy Flack, Sophie Dewey: -Fic- By Ghislain, Gary Dewey: -Fic-____#0101DS5 2011 IL:YA $15.29 Fourteen-year-old David, the son of a famous Not yet published: This item is scheduled to be French psychologist, falls in love with Zelda, a
4. available on October 10, 2011. new patient who believes she is from outer space, and soon they are tearing through Paris in search of her chosen one, Johnny Depp, so that she can take him to her home planet, Vahalal. ____#0199JL1 2011 IL:YA $14.44Dead End in Norvelt Sister mischiefBy Gantos, Jack Dewey: -Fic- By Goode, L. (Laura), 1983- Dewey: -Fic-In the historic town of Norvelt, Pennsylvania, Esme Rockett, also known as MC Ferocious,twelve-year-old Jack Gantos spends the rocks her suburban Minnesota Christian highsummer of 1962 grounded for various offenses school with more than the hip-hop music sheuntil he is assigned to help an elderly neighbor makes with best friends Marcy (DJ SheStorm)with a most unusual chore involving the newly and Tess (The ConTessa) when she developsdead, molten wax, twisted promises, Girl feelings for her co-MC, Rowie (MC Rohini).Scout cookies, underage driving, lessons from ____#0457WK7 2011 IL:YA $14.44history, typewriting, and countless bloodynoses.____#0438VQ4 2011 IL:5-8 $13.59 Not yet published: This item is scheduled to be available on September 13, 2011.Then Charlie Joe Jacksons guide to not readingBy Gleitzman, Morris Dewey: -Fic- By Greenwald, Tom Dewey: -Fic-After Nazi soldiers commandeer their Middle schooler Charlie Joe is proud of hisorphanage in Poland, young Felix escapes with success at avoiding reading, but eventually hishis friend Zelda, but the safe places the pair schemes go too far.finds to hide quickly turn dangerous, and the ____#0443GM6 2011 IL:5-8 RL:5.8 $12.74orphans must remain on the run to avoidcapture and death in a concentration camp.AR: 3.8 MG 5.0 144856EN____#0448LM4 2008 IL:YA $15.29Tall story ClarityBy Gourlay, Candy Dewey: -Fic- By Harrington, Kim, 1974- Dewey: -Fic-Sixteen-year-old Bernardo, who is eight feet Sixteen-year-old Clare Fern, a member of atall and suffers from a condition called family of psychics, helps the mayor and aGigantism, leaves the Philippines to live with skeptical detective solve a murder in a Capehis mothers family in London, much to the Cod town during the height of tourist season--delight of his thirteen-year-old half sister Andi, with her brother a prime suspect.a passionate basketball player. AR: 4.1 UG 8.0 142716EN Lexile: 580AR: 4.3 MG 7.0 142172EN Lexile: 670 ____#0353MHX 2011 IL:YA $14.44____#0450EH7 2010 IL:5-8 RL:4.4 $14.44Page by Paige The eleventh plagueBy Gulledge, Laura Lee Dewey: 741.5 By Hirsch, Jeff Dewey: -Fic-
5. Paige Turner, who has just moved to New Twenty years after the start of the war thatYork with her family, uses her sketchbook to caused the Collapse, fifteen-year-old Stephen,try to make sense of her new life, and she finds his father, and grandfather travel post-Collapsethe process of sharing her artwork and identity America scavenging, but when his grandfatherwith others both scary and rewarding. dies and his father decides to risk everything to____#0003DK8 2011 IL:YA $16.11 save the lives of two strangers, Stephens life is turned upside down. ____#0001NR5 2011 IL:YA $15.29 Not yet published: This item is scheduled to be available on September 1, 2011.Skate fate Like MandarinBy Herrera, Juan Felipe Dewey: -Fic- By Hubbard, Kirsten Dewey: -Fic-Lucky Z, a Chicano foster child, loved living When shy, awkward fourteen-year-old Graceon the edge until a drag racing accident left Carpenter is paired with the beautiful and wildhim in a wheelchair, but as he struggles to find Mandarin on a school project, an unlikely,his place in a new high school, he begins explosive friendship begins, but all too soon,writing poetry everywhere about anything, and Grace discovers that Mandarin is a veryin finding his voice he also discovers the troubled, even dangerous, girl.beauty around him. AR: 4.9 UG 10.0 143764EN____#0421FH4 2011 IL:YA $13.59 ____#0325LJ5 2011 IL:YA $15.29Brave new pond / (Squish #2) Reading poetry in the middle grades : 20By Holm, Jennifer L Dewey: -Fic- poems and activities that meet the commonStarting a new school year, Squish, a meek core standards and cultivatea passion foramoeba who loves the comic book exploits of poetryhis favorite hero, "Super Amoeba," is By Janeczko, Paul B Dewey: 808.1determined to get picked for kickball and hang Presents twenty poems and activities designedout with the cool kids. to help middle school students develop a love____#0041QS7 2011 IL:3-6 $14.03 for poetry and learn how to understand what Not yet published: This item is scheduled to be they are reading. available on September 27, 2011. ____#0062WN7 2011 IL:PF $29.70Small as an elephant This girl is differentBy Jacobson, Jennifer, 1958- Dewey: -Fic- By Johnson, J. J., 1973- Dewey: -Fic-Abandoned by his mother in an Acadia Having always been home schooled by herNational Park campground, Jack tries to make counter-culture mother, Evie has decided tohis way back to Boston before anyone figures spend her senior year at the local public highout what is going on, with only a small toy school, an experience that challenges herelephant for company. preconceptions about friendship, boundaries,AR: 5.3 MG 7.0 143083EN and power.____#0457DK9 2011 IL:5-8 RL:6.3 $13.59 AR: 3.8 UG 9.0 143827EN ____#0391LL4 2011 IL:YA $14.41Invisible Inkling Everybody Sees the AntsBy Jenkins, Emily, 1967- Dewey: -Fic- By King, A. S Dewey: -Fic-
6. When Hank Wolowitz runs into trouble in the ____#0101QSX 2011 IL:YA $15.29form a of lunch-stealing bully, he finds an Not yet published: This item is scheduled to beunlikely ally in an invisible refugee pumpkin- available on October 3, 2011.loving bandapat named Inkling.____#0172QM5 2011 IL:3-6 RL:4.6 $12.74XVI PearlBy Karr, Julia Dewey: 813 By Knowles, Johanna, 1970- Dewey: -Fic-At fifteen, Nina Oberon lives in a totalitarian After fifteen-year-old Beans belovedfuture society in which all girls are required to grandfather Gus dies, she discoversget a Governing Council-ordered "XVI" wrist uncomfortable secrets about him, her mother,tattoo on their sixteenth birthdays, announcing and the father she has never known.to the world that they are ready for sex, a claim ____#0448NM9 2011 IL:YA $15.29Nina is not prepared to make, and when hermother is attacked right before Ninas birthday,she reveals a shocking truth with her dyingbreaths and Nina is left to care for her youngersister and try to discover who she really is, allthe while staying one step ahead of hermothers killer.AR: 4.3 UG 12.0 143102EN____#0376SH3 2011 IL:YA $13.66The iron thorn The friendship dollBy Kittredge, Caitlin Dewey: -Fic- By Larson, Kirby Dewey: -Fic-In an alternate 1950s, mechanically gifted Follows the adventures of Miss Kanagawa, afifteen-year-old Aoife Grayson, whose family doll made to serve as an ambassadors fromhas a history of going mad at sixteen, must Japan to the United States, as she makesleave the totalitarian city of Lovecraft and friends and learns about love during theventure into the world of magic to solve the twentieth century.mystery of her brothers disappearance and the AR: 5.0 MG 7.0 143789ENmysteries surrounding her father and the Land ____#0066CN7 2011 IL:3-6 RL:5.2 $13.59of Thorn.AR: 5.5 MG 20.0 142777EN____#0324UJ4 2011 IL:YA $15.29Human.4 Bless this mouseBy Lancaster, Mike A Dewey: -Fic- By Lowry, Lois Dewey: -Fic-Twenty-first century fourteen-year-old Kyle Mouse Mistress Hildegarde musters all herwas hypnotized when humanity was upgraded ingenuity to keep a large colony of churchto 1.0 and he, incompatible with the new mice safe from the exterminator and to see thattechnology, exposes its terrifying impact in a they make it through the dangerous Blessing oftape-recording found by the superhumans of the Animals.the future. AR: 4.5 LG 3.0 143326ENAR: 5.4 MG 6.0 144222EN ____#0324YLX 2011 IL:3-6 RL:6 $13.59____#0486QH9 2011 IL:YA $14.44
7. Every you, every me Enter the zombieBy Levithan, David Dewey: -Fic- By Lubar, David Dewey: -Fic-Evan is haunted by the loss of his best friend, When the head of the Bureau of Usefulbut when mysterious photographs start Misadventures (or BUM) discovers that an evilappearing, he begins to fall apart as he starts to organization is using the Student Mind andwonder if she has returned, seeking vengeance. Body competition to recruit agents, he asks____#0059MS4 2011 IL:YA $21.59 Nathan to enter the competition, but things go Not yet published: This item is scheduled to be terribly wrong when Nathans nemesis starts to available on September 13, 2011. notice some odd things about him, and Nathan fears his zombie identity will be exposed. AR: 3.8 MG 5.0 142514EN ____#0102UJ1 2010 IL:3-6 RL:3.8 $17.99Attack of the vampire weenies and other Mangamanwarped and creepy tales By Lyga, Barry, Barry Dewey: 741.5By Lubar, David Dewey: -Fic- ____#0470LR0 2011 IL:YA $16.14Contains over thirty stories of vampires, Not yet published: This item is scheduled to beghosts, middle school teachers, and other scary available on November 14, 2011.things.AR: 4.0 MG 5.0 143920EN____#0099UM5 2011 IL:3-6 RL:4.8 $15.99Jeremy Bender vs. the Cupcake Cadets Shatter meBy Luper, Eric Dewey: -Fic- By Mafi, Tahereh Dewey: -Fic-When sixth-grader Jeremy Bender damages his Ostracized or incarcerated her whole life,fathers prized boat and needs to come up with seventeen-year-old Juliette is freed on thea lot of money to get it repaired, he and his condition that she use her horrific abilities inbest friend dress up as girls and infiltrate the support of The Reestablishment, a post-Cupcake Cadet troop in an attempt to win the apocalyptic dictatorship, but Adam, the onlyWindjammer Whirl model sailboat contest, person ever to show her affection, offers hopeand the prize money that comes with it. of a better future.AR: 4.7 MG 6.0 144412EN ____#0051QR4 2012 IL:YA $15.29____#0181PM7 2011 IL:3-6 RL:4.1 $13.59 Not yet published: This item is scheduled to be available on November 15, 2011.Angry young man ExposedBy Lynch, Chris Dewey: -Fic- By Marcus, Kimberly Dewey: -Fic-A boy reaches an unimaginable conclusion High school senior Liz, a gifted photographer,when he takes a journey of self-discovery. can no longer see things clearly after her bestAR: 4.9 UG 6.0 143574EN Lexile: 770 friend accuses Lizs older brother of a terrible____#0185AH2 2011 IL:YA $14.44 crime. AR: 5.1 UG 3.0 142775EN ____#0324AJ9 2011 IL:YA $14.44The borrower Under the MesquiteBy Makkai, Rebecca Dewey: 813 By McCall, Guadalupe Garcia Dewey: 811
8. Lucy Hull and Ian Drake travel from Missouri Lupita, a young actor and poet, struggles withto Vermont, and while Ian is running away adult responsibilities in her Mexican Americanfrom his parents, Lucy contemplates if she is immigrant family while her mother fightsalso fleeing from something rather than just cancer.helping Ian on his journey. ____#0475MA0 2010 IL:YA $17.95____#0198VN9 2011 IL:AD $22.06 Luminous By Metcalf, Dawn Dewey: -Fic- Sixteen-year-old Consuela suddenly and inexplicably finds herself in the parallel universe of the Flow, where she and other teens with extraordinary abilities safeguard a world where they no longer belong. ____#0186SM0 2011 IL:YA $15.29You dont know about me The adventures of Sir Gawain the TrueBy Meehl, Brian Dewey: -Fic- By Morris, Gerald, 1963- Dewey: -Fic-Billy has spent his almost-sixteen years with Relates the adventures of Sir Gawain, the onlyfour cardinal points--Mother, Christ, Bible, undefeated knight in King Arthurs court, whoand Home-school--but when he sets off on a eventually learns the value of friendship,wild road trip to find the father he thought was courtliness, and courtesy after a challengedead, he learns much about himself and life. from the Green Knight.AR: 4.4 UG 15.0 143933EN AR: 5.0 MG 2.0 143319EN____#0030UN3 2011 IL:YA $15.29 ____#0324KL8 2011 IL:3-6 RL:4.7 $12.74 Kick By Myers, Walter Dean, 1937- Dewey: -Fic- Told in their separate voices, thirteen-year-old soccer star Kevin and police sergeant Brown, who knew his father, try to keep Kevin out of juvenile hall after he is arrested on very serious charges. AR: 4.7 MG 5.0 142169EN ____#0211QL2 2011 IL:YA $17.89Ashfall Olympians. 3,Hera, the goddess and herBy Mullin, Mike Dewey: -Fic- glory____#0476YS1 2011 IL:YA $14.41 By OConnor, George Dewey: 741.5 Not yet published: This item is scheduled to be Recounts the stories of the many heroes who available on October 11, 2011. sought and won the approval and patronage of Hera, the Queen of the Gods, including the story of Heracles. ____#0442GMX 2011 IL:5- 8 RL:5.1 $18.35
9. A monster calls --a novel The flint heartBy Ness, Patrick Dewey: -Fic- By Paterson, Katherine and John Dewey: -Thirteen-year-old Conor awakens one night to Fic-find a monster outside his bedroom window, A magical amulet, created by a Stone Agebut not the one from the recurring nightmare magic man for an ambitious individualthat began when his mother became ill--an wishing to take control of his tribe, bringsancient, wild creature that wants him to face power and despair to those who touch it, andtruth and loss. when the amulet reemerges, Charles and his____#0145NQ9 2011 IL:YA $14.44 sister Unity must find a way to rescue the Not yet published: This item is scheduled to be humans, fairies, and animals from the available on September 27, 2011. mysterious object. ____#0144WQ8 2011 IL:3-6 $16.99 Not yet published: This item is scheduled to be available on September 27, 2011.DeliriumBy Oliver, Lauren, 1982- Dewey: -Fic-Lena looks forward to receiving thegovernment-mandated cure that prevents thedelirium of love and leads to a safe,predictable, and happy life, until ninety-fivedays before her eighteenth birthday and hertreatment, when she falls in love.AR: 6.1 UG 18.0 143097EN____#0004GTX 2011 IL:YA $15.29Forgotten What cant waitBy Patrick, Cat Dewey: -Fic- By Perez, Ashley Hope Dewey: -Fic-Sixteen-year-old London Lane forgets Marooned in a broken-down Houstoneverything each night and must use notes to neighborhood--and in a Mexican immigrantstruggle through the day, even to recall her family where making ends meet matters muchwonderful boyfriend, but she "remembers" more than making it to college--smart, talentedfuture events and as her "flashforwards" Marissa seeks comfort elsewhere when herbecome more disturbing she realizes she must home life becomes unbearable.learn more about the past lest it destroy her AR: 4.2 MG 7.0 141663ENfuture. ____#0474FH0 2011 IL:YA $13.46AR: 4.8 MG 8.0 144394EN____#0255LM1 2011 IL:YA $15.29Flat broke : the theory, practice and Following Christopher Creeddestructive properties of greed By Plum-Ucci, Carol Dewey: -Fic-By Paulsen, Gary Dewey: -Fic- College students Mike Mavic, having traveledFourteen-year-old Kevin is a hard worker, so to Steepleton to follow up on news that thewhen his income is cut off he begins a series body of Christopher Creed, who disappearedof businesses, from poker games to selling four years earlier, was found, realizes thesnacks, earning money to take a girl to a people in the town have underlying streaks of
10. dance, but his partners soon tire of his meanness and the only person who cares aboutmethods. Christopher anymore is his younger brother,____#0027TN5 2011 IL:3-6 RL:5.8 $17.27 Justin, who is teetering on the edge of sanity. ____#0470QR7 2011 IL:YA $14.44 Not yet published: This item is scheduled to be available on September 6, 2011.When life gives you O.J. Lemonade : and other poems squeezed fromBy Perl, Erica S Dewey: -Fic- a single wordTen-year-old Zelly Fried considers going By Raczka, Bob Dewey: 811along with her grandfathers crazy plan to A collection of poems based on a childs day-convince her parents to buy her a dog which to-day experiences that includes a puzzle at theinvolves a "practice dog" named OJ. end of each poem.AR: 4.3 MG 6.0 144259EN ____#0233RJ7 2011 IL:3-6 RL:6.1 $14.44____#0497GM9 2011 IL:3-6 RL:6.4 $20.51The pull of gravityBy Polisner, Gae Dewey: -Fic-When their friend Scooter dies of a raredisease, teenagers Nick Gardner and JayceeAmato set out on a secret journey to find thefather who abandoned "The Scoot" when hewas an infant, and give him a signed firstedition of "Of Mice and Men."AR: 4.1 MG 6.0 144356EN____#0448DM6 2011 IL:YA $14.44Americus Across the universeBy Reed, M.K Dewey: 741.5 By Revis, Beth Dewey: -Fic-____#0351BT5 2011 IL:YA $16.14 Amy, having been cryogenically frozen and Not yet published: This item is scheduled to be placed onboard a spaceship which was available on August 30, 2011. supposed to land on a distant planet three hundred years in the future, is unplugged fifty years too early and finds herself stuck inside an enclosed world ruled by a tyrannical leader and his rebellious teenage heir and confused about who to trust and why someone is trying to kill her. AR: 4.9 UG 15.0 142333EN ____#0319PH8 2011 IL:YA $15.29Illegal Astronaut Academy : zero gravityBy Restrepo, Bettina Dewey: -Fic- By Roman, Dave Dewey: 741.5Nora, a fifteen-year-old Mexican girl, faces the Hakata struggles to get by at Astronautchallenges of being an illegal immigrant in Academy after he becomes the target of theTexas when she and her mother cross the schools most popular girl. Meanwhile, his best
11. border in search of Noras father. friend stops returning Hakatas phone calls andAR: 3.8 MG 6.0 143376EN Hakatas new roommate is a Fireball-obsessed____#0419YH8 2011 IL:YA $14.44 jock. AR: 3.6 MG 2.0 143705EN ____#0273GP8 2011 IL:5-8 RL:5.8 $14.86Chicagoland Detective Agency. No. 2,The Drawing from memoryMaltese mummy By Say, Allen Dewey: 741.6By Robbins, Trina Dewey: 741.5 Caldecott medalist Allen Say chronicles hisAs the founders of the Chicagoland Detective experiences as an artist during World War II,Agency, a haiku-writing girl and a boy with a and describes his relationship with his mentortalking dog have more than enough cases on Noro Shinpei, Japans leading cartoonist.their hands (and paws) when a friend vanishes, ____#0001RR4 2011 IL:5-8 $15.29a mummys amulet disappears, and an evil Not yet published: This item is scheduled to bescientist stalks human brains and hearts. available on September 1, 2011.AR: 3.4 MG 1.0 142512EN____#0472KH4 2011 IL:5-8 RL:3.2 $21.95The fourth stall Au Revoir, Crazy European ChickBy Rylander, Chris Dewey: -Fic- By Schreiber, Joe Dewey: -Fic-Sixth-graders Mac and Vince operate a Perrys parents insist that he take Gobi, theirbusiness charging schoolmates for protection quiet, Lithuanian exchange student, to seniorfrom bullies and for help to negotiate conflicts prom but after an incident at the dance hepeacefully, with amazing challenges and learns that Gobi is actually a trained assassinresults. who needs him as a henchman, behind theAR: 5.1 MG 11.0 143085EN wheel of his fathers precious Jaguar, on a____#0397DH1 2011 IL:3-6 RL:4.9 $13.59 mission in Manhattan. ____#0470HR1 2011 IL:YA $14.44 Not yet published: This item is scheduled to be available on October 24, 2011.Okay for now Ghosts in the fog --the untold story ofBy Schmidt, Gary D Dewey: -Fic- Alaskas WWII invasionFourteen-year-old Doug Swieteck faces many By Seiple, Samantha Dewey: 973challenges, including an abusive father, a A narrative, nonfiction account of the Japanesebrother traumatized by Vietnam, suspicious invasion and occupation of the Aleutianteachers and police officers, and isolation, but Islands during World War II, told from thewhen he meets a girl known as Lil Spicer, he perspectives of an American civilian anddevelops a close relationship with her and soldiers from both sides of the conflict.finds a safe place at the local library. Includes more than eighty photographs.AR: 4.9 MG 11.0 143203EN ____#0003ER2 2011 IL:YA $14.44____#0110TJ7 2011 IL:5-8 RL:4.3 $14.44 Not yet published: This item is scheduled to be available on October 1, 2011.Spaceheadz. 2 Between shades of grayBy Scieszka, Jon Dewey: -Fic- By Sepetys, Ruta Dewey: -Fic-
12. Michael K. seeks out the help of fellow fifth In 1941, fifteen-year-old Lina, her mother, andgraders when the SPHDZ, who are trying to brother are pulled from their Lithuanian homeblend into Earth culture, draw attention to by Soviet guards and sent to Siberia, where herthemselves by mixing up holidays, cartoons, father is sentenced to death in a prison campand commercials, and risk being discovered by while she fights for her life, vowing to honorAgent Umber. her family and the thousands like hers byAR: 4.4 MG 3.0 141694EN Lexile: 730 burying her story in a jar on Lithuanian soil.____#0251JD8 2010 IL:3-6 RL:5.3 $12.74 Based on the authors family, includes a historical note. AR: 3.6 MG 9.0 142569EN ____#0312LH4 2011 IL:YA $15.29Wonderstruck The great wall of Lucy WuBy Selznick, Brian Dewey: -Fic- By Shang, Wendy Wan Long Dewey: -Fic-Relates the stories of twelve-year-old Ben, Eleven-year-old aspiring basketball star andwho loses his mother and his hearing in a short interior designer Lucy Wu is excited abouttime frame and decides to leave his Minnesota finally having her own bedroom, until shehome in 1977 to seek the father he has never learns that her great-aunt is coming to visit andknown in New York City; and Rose, who lives Lucy will have to share a room with her forwith her father but feels compelled to search several months, shattering her plans for afor what is missing in her life. Bens story is perfect sixth-grade year.told in words; Roses in pictures. AR: 4.6 MG 8.0 141653EN Lexile: 700____#0202SN4 2011 IL:5-8 $25.49 ____#0338FHX 2011 IL:3-6 RL:5.3 $15.29 Not yet published: This item is scheduled to be available on September 13, 2011.The Bippolo seed and other lost stories Nerd girls : the rise of the dorkasaurusBy Seuss, Dr Dewey: -E- By Sitomer, Alan Lawrence Dewey: -Fic-Contains seven rare stories by Dr. Seuss which Three misfit middle school students team up towere first published in magazines between try to beat out the catty and mean "ThreePees"-1948 and 1959, featuring "The Bear, the -pretty, popular, and perfect girls--at the schoolRabbit, and the Zinnigo- Zanniga," "Gustav talent show.the Goldfish," "Todd and Todd," "Steak for ____#0117LM8 2011 IL:5-8 RL:5 $14.44Supper," "The Bippolo Seed," "The StrangeShirt Spot," and others, and including anintroduction and commentary on each story.____#0481MB9 2010 IL:K-3 $19.44 Not yet published: This item is scheduled to be available on September 27, 2011.Meanwhile Storm runnersBy Shiga, Jason Dewey: 741.5 By Smith, Roland, 1951- Dewey: -Fic-In this choose-your-own adventure graphic Twelve-year-old Chase Masters travels thenovel, a boy stumbles on the laboratory of a country with his father, a "storm runner," butmad scientist who asks him to choose between he is tested in ways he never could havetesting a mind-reading device, a time machine, imagined when he and a new friend are caught
13. and a doomsday machine. in a hurricane near St. Petersburg, Florida.____#16112D4 2010 IL:3-6 RL:3 $13.56 AR: 4.5 MG 4.0 142519EN Lexile: 700 ____#0359PC9 2011 IL:5-8 RL:5.7 $14.44Tantalize --Kierens story The emerald atlasBy Smith, Cynthia Leitich Dewey: 741.5 By Stephens, John Dewey: -Fic-Werewolf-in-training Kieren is torn between Kate, Michael, and Emma have passed fromjoining an urban wolf pack and staying to one orphanage to another in the ten years sinceprotect his human best friend--and love their parents disappeared to protect them, butinterest--Quincie, whose restaurant is in now they learn that they have special powers--danger of morphing into a vampire lair. and a fearsome enemy--and embark on a____#0145KQ7 2011 IL:YA $16.99 prophesied quest to find a magical book. Not yet published: This item is scheduled to be AR: 4.9 MG 15.0 143205EN available on August 9, 2011. ____#0468EJX 2011 IL:5-8 RL:5.1 $15.29 Bad island By TenNapel, Doug Dewey: 741.5 Reese, forced to go on vacation with his family, finds himself shipwrecked with them on a strange island full of weird plants and animals, and pursued by an unknown entity on the hunt. ____#0205PN1 2011 IL:5-8 RL:4.2 $21.24Lost and found : 3 The girl who circumnavigated Fairyland inBy Tan, Shaun Dewey: -Fic- a ship of her own makingCollects three stories by Shaun Tan that By Valente, Catherynne M., 1979- Dewey: -explore how people lose and find what matters Fic-most to them, as a girl finds a bright spot in a A young girl named September finds herselfdark world, a boy leads a strange, lost being transported from her home in Omaha tohome, and a group of peaceful creatures loses Fairyland, where she must battle theits home to cruel invaders. mysterious Marquess alongside her creature-AR: 5.6 MG 0.5 142878EN friends.____#0352VH9 2011 IL:5-8 RL:5.4 $18.69 ____#0442ZM8 2011 IL:5-8 RL:6.7 $16.99The book with a hole PieBy Tullet, Herve Dewey: 153.3 By Weeks, Sarah Dewey: -Fic-As each page is turned, the hole in the center Alices Aunt Polly passes away and entrustsof the book becomes a space for different the recipe for her world-famous pie crust to herthings, questions and activities encourage cat, which she leaves in Alices care, and aschildren to imagine the various possibilities. everyone, including Alice, tries to discover the____#0498PJ6 2011 IL:K-3 RL:2.1 $12.33 secret ingredients, Alice learns some important lessons about faith, love, and family. ____#0496FQ8 2011 IL:3-6 $14.44 Not yet published: This item is scheduled to be available on October 1, 2011.
14. Chronicles of Harris Burdick The hidden galleryBy Van Allsburg, Chris Dewey: -Fic- By Wood, Maryrose Dewey: -Fic-Presents fourteen short stories from award- The three Incorrigible Children of Ashtonwinning authors based on the illustrations in Place learn they are under a curse afterChris Van Allsburgs "The Mysteries of Harris traveling to London in the company of fifteen-Burdick." year-old governess Miss Penelope Lumley.____#0469VR5 2011 IL:5-8 $21.24 AR: 6.5 MG 10.0 142582EN Not yet published: This item is scheduled to be ____#0120NH2 2011 IL:3-6 RL:4.8 $13.59 available on October 25, 2011.Frankie Pickle and the Mathematical Blink & CautionMenace By Wynne-Jones, Tim Dewey: -Fic-By Wight, Eric, 1974- Dewey: -Fic- Blink, hoping to steal some breakfast, is forcedFrankie Pickle, transported by his math quiz to to go on the run after stumbling upon the fakeArithmecca, a world filled with number kidnapping of a CEO and recovering the mansmonsters, must used his division skills to ace cell phone, and he meets up with Caution, athe quiz and defeat the Mathematical Menace. girl trying to ditch her drug-dealing boyfriend,____#0078BA1 2011 IL:K-3 RL:3.4 $8.49 who identifies Blink as a mark until he tugs at her heart strings. AR: 4.3 UG 12.0 142618EN ____#0457SK8 2011 IL:YA $14.44Choker Guys read --thrillerBy Woods, Elizabeth Emma Dewey: -Fic- Dewey: -Fic-Sixteen-year-old Cara has trouble fitting in A collection of short fiction mysteries andwhen she moves away from her best and only thrillers, with selections by Genniferfriend, Zoe, and after a humiliating experience Choldenko, Jarrett J. Krosoczka, Matt de lain the school cafeteria, Cara earns a new Pena, and others.nickname from her peers, but when Zoe makes ____#0004BR7 2011 IL:5-8 $14.44surprise return into her life, Caras popularity Not yet published: This item is scheduled to bebegins to rise, until a girl goes missing and available on September 20, 2011.Zoe begins to act strangely.AR: 4.5 UG 8.0 143639EN Lexile: 670____#0434LH2 2011 IL:YA $14.44How to Save a Life Dead End In NorveltBy Zarr, Sara Dewey: -Fic- By Gantos, Jack Dewey: -Fic-Told from their own viewpoints, seventeen- In the historic town of Norvelt, Pennsylvania,year-old Jill, in grief over the loss of her twelve-year-old Jack Gantos spends thefather, and Mandy, nearly nineteen, are thrown summer of 1962 grounded for various offensestogether when Jills mother agrees to adopt until he is assigned to help an elderly neighborMandys unborn child but nothing turns out as with a most unusual chore involving the newlythey had anticipated. dead, molten wax, twisted promises, Girl____#0101AS3 2011 IL:YA $15.29 Scout cookies, underage driving, lessons from Not yet published: This item is scheduled to be history, typewriting, and countless bloody available on October 18, 2011. noses.
15. ____#497F3T9 2011 IL:5-8 $29.99 Not yet published: This item is scheduled to be available on September 13, 2011.Weird but true!. 3 :300 outrageous facts.Dewey: 031Collects three hundred quirky and fun factsfrom articles featured in the magazine"National Geographic Kids," covering science,animals, food, pop culture, weather,geography, and more.____#0215HK4 2011 IL:3-6 RL:4.7 $5.91