2. Directions: After studying the chart, develop aparagraph, using the topic sentence which has beenprovided. Use the structure indicated for each point of comparison.Topic SentenceAlthough men and apes do not look alike at firstglance, they share a number of remarkably similaranatomical features.
3. Directions: Rewrite each of the sentences in twodifferent ways, using words or phrases from thesentence, as well as the structure of contrastwhich has been indicated. Refer back to the boxesas often as necessary. Pay attention to punctuation.
4. 1. Studies have tended to show that the extrovert learns faster than the introvert but, in the end, remembers less. (however - form B) Studies have tended to show that the extrovert learns faster than the introvert; in the end, however, he remembers less. (although)2. Unlike the extrovert, who takes chances and is generally impulsive, the introvert shuns excitement. (differs from ... in that ... whereas) (more/-er ... than)
5. 3. The typical extrovert is particularly fond of parties and people-oriented activities; in contrast, the typical introvert is a quiet, introspective sort of person. (unlike, .. who) (while)4. The extrovert may be subject to criminal or psychopathic behavior, in contrast to the introvert, who may exhibit neurotic tendencies. (differ from ... in that ... whereas) (on the other hand - form B)
6. 5. Whereas the extrovert tends to be aggressive and loses his temper quickly, the introvert seldom behaves in an aggressive manner and keeps his feelings under close control. (unlike ... who) (contrast with, , . in regard to)
7. Second Partial Test Second Part
8. Directions: Using a Venn Diagram you are goingto find similarities and differences betweenWRITING and SPEAKING skills. Having doneso proceed to write a COMPARISON paragraphusing the similarities and then a CONTRASTparagraph using the differences.PLEASE CHECK THE RUBRICK FOR YOURWRITING CHECKING AND GRADING