1. Introduction to Humanities
Professor Will Adams • Wadams5@valenciacollege.edu
Office hours by appointment • Building 1, Room 104
Mondays & Wednesdays, 7:30 – 8:45 AM
A Midsummer night’s dream Film Response
Please answer the following questions in at least one full sentence per questions.
1. In what location is the play set?
2. As the play begins, preparations are being made for what type of event?
3. Hermia’s father decrees that she is to be married to whom?
4. Who does Hermia actually love, and consequently escape into the forest with?
5. Which character is hopelessly smitten with Demetrius, and follows him into the forest?
6. What is the name of the faerie king who rules the forest?
7. What is the name of the faerie king’s lovable but hapless messenger?
8. Who is the faerie king’s estranged wife, the faerie queen?
2. 9. The faerie king’s messenger accidently causes both Lysander and Demetrius to fall in love
10. When the faerie king’s messenger manages to administer the potion to the faerie queen,
with whom does she fall in love?
11. The faerie queen’s object of desire is consequently transformed into what type of creature?
12. Which character ultimately sets everything right, by reconnecting the proper couples?
13. Once he is restored to his original form, the faerie queen’s lover performed in a play of
14. At whose wedding is the play performed?
15. Is the play performed at the wedding received in the way its actors originally hoped?