1. VENUS, the second planet from the
sun, is often referred to as one of
the “ inner planets”.
It’s one of the first FOUR planets
closest to the sun.
2. In astronomy mythology, Venus
was the Roman goddess of love
In Greek, her name was
3. Like the Earth, Venus has an
It is far thicker than that of the
Earth, making it difficult for
modern science to penetrate.
4. Venus is in many ways Earth's
sister planet. It is almost identical
in size, chemistry, gravity and
density as the Earth.
Venus has volcanoes, mountains
and sand, just like Earth.
5. Venus does not have an ozone layer.
The ultraviolet radiation from the Sun
finds ITS way directly into Venus'
atmosphere. Over many years a billion of
this radiation has slowly broken down
water molecules into Hydrogen and
6. Instead of the Sun rising in the east and
setting in the west, the Sun on Venus
would appear to rise in the west and set
in the east.
Moons: Venus has no moon.