• Saturn is the sixth planet from the sun , and
the second largest after Jupiter.
• It’s the only one with a visible ring system
from the Earth.
• Its name comes from the Roman god Saturn.
• Saturn´s atmosphere has a pattern of dark
bands and light areas similar to Jupiter but the
distinction between them is much less clear in
the case of Saturn.
• The largest satellites, known before the start
of space research are:
Mimas, Enceladus, tethys, dione, Rhea, Titan,
Hyperion, Lapetus and Phoebe. But the largest
• Saturn´s rings have a very complex orbital
dynamics presenting density waves, and
interactions with Saturn´s satellites .